Chapter One: A Call....

Maka's POV

"SOUL! HURRY UP! You're gonna make us late for school!" I yelled, pounding on Soul's door.

"SHUTUP! I will be out there when I'm out there!"

I sighed and stopped pounding. I walk into the kitchen and pop two peices of bread into the toaster.

I go to the cabinet and pull out jelly and butter. I grab a knife and lay them all out on the counter. I then lean on the counter and wait for the toast to be done.

I hear a door open and Soul comes walking out of his room.

"Finally, I thought you died in there." I say sarcastically.

"Whatever. Cool guys like me need time to get ready." He says with his signature smirk.

I scoff and hear a ding. The toast is done so I turn around and pluck it out of the toaster, spreading butter on one of them.

"Soul, grab you toast and eat it, we don't have much time." I don't hear a response for about 30 seconds and Soul hasn't grabbed his toast yet either.

"Soul, what are you doing-" I turn around and see him looking at me weirdly. I start to blush for some insane reason.

He starts to blush to, and he reaches over to grab his toast. I trip over Soul's shoe, and I almost fall, but Soul catches me, one hand on my wrist and the other on my waist. We both blush and look away. Soul straightens me up and we both look at each other.

"Thanks." I say, breathless.

"No problem. Cool guys always save damsels in distress."

That was pushing it a little.

"MAKA CHOP!"

Soul falls to the ground with a little dent in his head.

"Ow... Ok. Not a damsel in distress. Got it."

I smile, now satisfied, and help Soul up. W

We finish our breakfeast and head outside to go to school.

Soul climbs on his motorcycle, and I get on behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist. I hold on a little more tightly for some reason, and I swear I see Soul blush.

"Soul, are you blushing?"

"N-no, cool guys don't blush."

I laugh, and his cheeks turn even redder. We ride in comfortable silence until we get to school.

I hop down and look around. Soul is high-fiving Black Star.

I go up the steps and into the hallway, Soul following me.

"Soul and Maka. Please go to Lord Death's office immediately."

Soul and I look at each other and Soul just shrugs.

"Maybe they have a mission for us." I say.

We start walking to Lord Death's office.