Rain

The school day was finally over, and many of the students were preparing to head back to the dorms. Midoriya was furiously writing the last section of hero notes. Kirishima and Bakugou were having a conversation, though Bakugou appeared more angry than anything . Tsuyu, Ochaco, and Iida had struck up another conversation, seemingly about the work studies. 

Jirou had been packing up her own bag, trying to neatly organize it. Momo stood nearby, waiting patiently for her. Momo had discussed about having a private study session with Jirou, which she hadn't hesitated to accept. Even though studying wasn't Jirou's favorite pastime, she needed to keep her grades up. It was important in the steps to becoming a hero.

"So, your dorm or mine?" Jirou said as she slung her backpack over her shoulder. Momo put a finger to her lip, signalling she was thinking. "We can study in your dorm. Mine is... quite cramped." Momo said sheepishly. "I'm sure it's fine, but okay." Jirou waved a hand. Falling into step beside Momo, they walked out of the room, saying their goodbyes to their classmates.

Once they reached the bottom level, Jirou noticed two things. One, it was incredibly chilly, more so than it had been earlier. Jirou's hands instantly went up to cover her bare arms. Momo shivered, and Jirou noticed she could see her breath. Two, it was raining outside, and it was not just coming down in small drops. It was pouring, almost like they were under a waterfall. Students were running through the rain as fast as they could. Momo frowned as she watched students struggle not to trip; it was dangerous to run in this weather.

"Damn." Jirou muttered. Momo looked over at her. "What's wrong?" She asked. "I didn't know it was going to be raining. If I had known, maybe I would have brought an umbrella." Jirou said. Sighing, she slumped her shoulders in defeat. She had known there was a chance of rain, but she thought it was supposed to hold out longer. Obviously, Jirou thought, I was, once again, wrong.

"It's OK." Jirou felt a gentle hand rest on her shoulder, and she turned to Momo. Momo was smiling, eyes crinkled and eyes warm. How can she be so calm? I don't think she brought an umbrella either, Jirou thought. Her eyes widened when she saw the sparkle coming from Momo's bare arm, indicating she was creating something.

Of course! How could I be so stupid, Jirou face-palmed again when she saw Momo's creation. Momo had created a large red umbrella, covered in small black dots that reminded her of a ladybug. She held the umbrella in one hand, letting it hover over both of them.

"We can share, if you don't mind." Momo said. Jirou looked up at Momo, at the kindness in her eyes, and smiled, shaking her head. "Of course I don't mind." Momo beamed, and Jirou's stomach fluttered, her smile widening. Walking beside Momo into the rain, she couldn't be more happier. 

I kinda like this. Maybe I should forget my umbrella more often, Jirou thought. 

Inspired from a scene in the new My Hero Academia episode. A short story to remind me of the coming season and cold. It's getting so cold outside, but there are so many fun things to do (and wait for) in fall! Hope you guys enjoy! :D

P.S. I'm going to start preparing to make a Halloween one. This includes for my other stories.