Nightmare

Jirou stared blankly at the numerous bodies surrounding her. How did it come to this? What horrible monsters could have done this? Blood wouldn't stop coming from their bodies. Jirou slowly looked down at her feet, still numb. Her boots were covered in red.

She fell to her knees, covering her face with her hands as she sobbed. There was no one left, no one left to cry for help for. Hearing a sudden howl of pain, Jirou's head snapped up, only to see her best friend get stabbed in the stomach. Jirou screamed as Momo's eyes met hers briefly, before rolling back inside her head.

Jirou sat up in bed, stifling the scream caught in her throat. Tears washed over her knuckles as she brought her trembling hands to her face. Steadying her breath, she looked over next to her, expecting to see her girlfriend sleeping peacefully.

Her heart stopped when she found only emptiness. Jirou frantically tore off the covers, blindly looking for Momo. Please, please tell me that I'm dreaming! She gasped as she struggled to calm herself.

Momo had been walking back from the kitchen after making some tea for herself. She would never have expected her girlfriend to run from their run and crash into her. Though knocked back, Momo was able to create two cushions to soften their fall. They landed on the pillows, and laid silent for a while. Finally, Momo sat up, watching as Jirou slowly picked herself from the floor.

Her concern levels rose further when she saw tears run down Jirou's face. As soon as Jirou noticed Momo watching, she quickly wiped her tears off with her shirt. Momo, needless to say, wasn't impressed. "You're crying." Momo stated. Jirou blinked, before turning away. "I'm fine. I just bumped my head and tripped, that's all." She said, mumbling the last bit. Momo's frown deepened. "I'm sure." She crossed her arms, skeptical.

Jirou narrowed her eyes, although she was still trembling. Momo sighed, reaching over to gently hold her girlfriend in her arms. Jirou found herself pulled into Momo's lap and tucked into her chest. She blushed momentarily, before finding tears welling up in her eyes. How would she be able to move on if any of her friends- and her girlfriend- died in front of her? 

Swallowing down a sob, Jirou let her tears fall as she nestled closer to her girlfriend. She felt as if she let go now, Momo would disappear before her eyes.

Momo rubbed her girlfriend's back as she cried. In a way, Momo was glad that her girlfriend was releasing her feelings, rather than bottle them up. Besides, Momo could only guess the cause of Jirou breaking down. She pressed a soft kiss to Jirou's head, before resting her chin on it. They would be okay, as long as they had each other to lean on.

When Jirou's sobs quieted to sniffles and hiccups, she rested her head where Momo's heart lay. Her heartbeat was so steady, yet seemed to be full of energy. She smiled, closing her eyes and hoping for a peaceful rest. 

Momo waited until she was sure Jirou was asleep, before lifting her up to carry her back to their bedroom. She tucked Jirou in first, before climbing in next to her. Her lips curled upwards as Jirou pulled her closer, before allowing herself to fall into a peaceful slumber.

In the end, they both knew they could depend on each other.