Autumn

The day was partially cloudy, the sun peeking through the clouds every so often. Crisp, cool air settled through the forest as a slight breeze picked up. Leaves of a variety of colors danced through the air as they fell to the soft ground. In truth, it was a chilly autumn day, but a perfect one for walking.

They walked through the forest at a steady pace, taking in their surroundings with interest. Every so often, a leaf would fall in front of them, and they would gently grab it. Jirou always showed Momo the leaf, letting her look at its bright, beautiful colors. Momo would study it curiously, before nodding her head. Jirou would then let the leaf fall, continuing on their walk.

They continued walking, before they reached a small clearing. Two tree stumps sat in the middle, and Jirou led Momo over towards them. They sat upon the stumps, still holding the other's hand. Jirou glanced at Momo briefly, smiling to herself when she saw Momo's face. 

Momo eyes sparkled in wonder, her lips slightly parted, as though she had never experienced fall before. It made Jirou breathless, savoring the moment. If she could, Jirou would want Momo to be happy all the time. 

She knew that wasn't completely possible, with the villains getting stronger.

An idea sparked into her head, and Jirou stood up. Momo turned towards her, confused. Jirou gently tugged at Momo's hand, urging her to stand. Momo complied, and Jirou led Momo over to a different part in the clearing.

She let go of Momo's hand briefly, turning towards the leaves on the ground. She began kicking at them, using her hands to shape the leaves into a pile. Momo stood there, watching Jirou and still confused. 

Once she finished, Jirou dusted the stray leaves off her and looked at her pile proudly. The pile came up to her knees, and was big enough for two people. She was glad it was; otherwise, her plan would never work perfectly. 

Jirou turned back towards Momo and winked at her. Momo blinked, mouth open as though she wanted to speak. Jirou then turned her back towards the pile, and spreading her arms out, she fell backwards.

Leaves fluttered into the air from the force, and Momo put an arm up to block them. Once she could see properly, Momo looked to where Jirou had fell. She nervously walked over, trying to find Jirou. 

Suddenly, a hand burst from the leaves and grabbed Momo's wrist. Momo shrieked as it pulled her down. She twisted her body so she would land on her side, and closed her eyes as she braced herself. The soft leaves cushioned her fall, crunching noises filling Momo's ears. Once Momo was sure she was safe, she opened her eyes slowly.

Jirou smiled as Momo opened her eyes, meeting her own. Reaching out to Momo's hair, she picked off a bright red and orange leaf. Momo pouted as Jirou showed her the leaf, causing Jirou to giggle.

Jirou's own laughter increased as Momo started giggling. Both girls were left a giggling mess, holding each other closely as leaves fell all around them.

When Jirou and Momo left, still holding the same leaf between both of their hands, it was around sunset. The sky had changed into a beautiful array of red and orange as the sun sank lower. The leaf seemed to glow brighter, its own colors matching the sky's perfectly. Jirou's own orange gloves seemed to mix into Momo's red ones as Jirou gripped Momo's hand tighter. They also seemed to glow brighter, happy smiles upon their faces as they walked. 

The end of a perfect autumn day.

Inspired by my school assignment. With the coming season, I thought it would be nice. :)