Sleepy Cuddling

The evening was a cold one, high winds and delicate snowflakes making outside chilly. In their apartment, Momo and Jirou watched the wonderland outside, sipping hot chocolate. They were sitting on the couch, wrapped in a light blue blanket with pillows beneath them. They sat side by side, enjoying the warmth from the furnace. Jirou could easily see that Momo's eyes were fluttering open and closed. She watched amused as Momo tried to stay awake.

Scooting closer, Jirou leaned against Momo and wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's waist. She pulled her closer and leaned back, prompting Momo to do the same. Both were soon lying down, with Momo resting her head on Jirou's chest. Momo looked up at her with a confused look, and Jirou smiled softly. She could already tell what Momo was thinking. Often times, Jirou would be sleepy and Momo would cuddle with her, taking the role of big spoon. Tonight it seemed their roles were switched.

Jirou gently combed Momo's hair with her right hand, soft strands slipping through her fingers. As she did this, Momo scooted up closer, pressing her lips to Jirou's collarbone. Jirou could feel a smile against her skin, and she slid her hand down to Momo's neck. She rubbed the soft skin there and closed her eyes. Momo took notice immediately and peered at her girlfriend's face.

She looked absolutely beautiful even when sleeping. Of course, Jirou looked good anytime of day. With her eyes closed, Momo inched closer carefully so as not to wake Jirou up. However, Jirou wasn't asleep, and she Momo wasn't either. The moment Momo's skin was gone from her hand, Jirou knew.

Before Momo came any closer, Jirou opened her eyes. Momo only had a moment to react before Jirou grabbed her waist and pulled her down. Jirou then proceeded to kiss every inch of Momo's skin exposed. Momo giggled and squirmed in her arms, but Jirou held her tighter, enjoying every second.

The blanket by now had been forgotten. As Jirou finished her goal, she grabbed the blanket and draped it over them. Once this was complete, Jirou adjusted her arms around Momo, resting hands against Momo's stomach. Setting against her girlfriend, Jirou once again closed her eyes. Momo may have been trapped, yet she couldn't bring herself to care. She had been chilly before, but now it was much warmer.

Before closing her own eyes, she turned her head and body around to press a kiss to Jirou's forehead. She watched Jirou's lips curve into a smile, before her face grew relaxed again. Turning back around, Momo tangled her legs with Jirou's and sighed. She was tired now, but she looked forward to spending morning together before work. After all, Momo thought sleepily, heroes need a break too.

If you have suggestions, please tell me! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!