Chapter 8: They'll Believe Anything

"Okay, Fury's got the coded message." Happy said to us as he walks to the back of the plane while Pete was finishing up his suit. "Your friends are at the Tower Bridge." Happy said. "Okay." We said as we turn to him. "The boy called it the London Bridge but I figured it out. I'm gonna go scoop them up. Okay?" Happy said and I nodded as Pete said. "Yeah."

"We're close." Happy assured us. "We're close." I said then Happy looks towards the machine that was making Pete's new suit. "How's the suit coming?" He asked. "Almost done." Pete replied. "Good. Both of you got this." Happy assured us. "We got this." Pete and I said, in unison, as I try to keep my heart rate down.

"Now walk me through it." Happy said. "We know it's illusion tech, right? All we have to do is get on the inside of the illusion, then we can take it down." I said and Happy nods. "Then we find him, and he's just a guy, so I can take EDITH right back." Pete said. "Right. But last time, you two got hit by a train." Happy reminded us. I rolled my eyes the rub the back of my neck. "Don't remind us." I groaned. "But, this time... How do I explain this... uhh... I have like a sixth sense?" Pete said.

"The Peter-tingle." Happy said and I look up at him, confused. "The what?" I said. "The Peter-tingle. That's what you're talking about, right? It's not working, though." Happy said and Pete gives him an offended look. "I heard it wasn't working right now. Is it?" Happy asked him. "It is working. Well, I don't... I don't know if it's working..." Pete exclaims. "Okay. So your Peter-tingle. That's the plan. I'm gonna go get your friends. You get that Peter-tingle back online." Happy said then he goes back to the front and I roll my eyes then I look back to Pete.

"Hey, we got this." I assured and he nods, but he still looked a bit nervous. I give an encouraging smile to him before I lean up and kiss him. He kisses me back and it felt like time had stop for this one moment between us and as much as I don't want it to end, we've got work to do.

I, reluctantly, pull back from the kiss and we smile at each other. "Let's go get 'em, tiger." I said to him, softly. He smiles at me then turns to the machine to see that his suit is done.

"All right. Comms check. You hear me, kids?" Happy asked as Pete and I were outside of the plane, in our suits. Pete had on his new suit and I had my Iron Angel armor on but this time I was able to change the color on it. It wasn't red and silver like before, it was now red and gold...just like dad's.

"Yeah we can. It's just a little loud out here." Pete said as the rushing winds blows in our ears as we get closer to the Tower Bridge. "I like the new suit." Happy compliments Pete. "Thanks." Pete said. "I also like your suit, (y/n). Tony would be proud." Happy said to me. "Thanks Happy." I said.

"Whoa... kids, you sure that's not real?" Happy asked us as we see a large gray and red funnel of smoke in the middle of London, close to the Bridge. "Yeah, it's just a hundred times bigger than we expected." I replied to him. "Still the play?" Happy asked. "Uh-huh. We need to get high enough so Beck doesn't see us coming." Pete said. "Copy. Stay sticky." Happy said to us then he flies us up and towards the top if the cloud.

"Hey, Happy." Pete said. "Yeah, kid? What is it?" Happy asked. "We need to have a serious conversation about you and my aunt...." Pete said but then both of us fall backwards. But I was able to turn on my repulsor, making me fly, and Pete had a parachute open up and we start to fly into the middle of the cloud.

Then his parachute comes off and he opens his arms up, revealing his web wings underneath his arms. Then we glide under the bridge and head towards the monster projection. "Ohh, it's not real, it's not real, it's not real!" Pete rambles as we fly into the inside of the projection. He latches onto one of the drones while I I hovered then looked around. "Whoa..." I said in awe as I see thousands of drones circling us as they try to keep the illusion alive. "That's awesome." Pete said. "Yeah, too bad we have to destroy it." I said then I aim miniature bombs on some of the drones while Pete starts to connect some drones with his web.