Chapter 7: Everywhere I Go, I See Him

"Daddy...please don't go!" I cried. "Please, don't leave, Daddy! Please Daddy!" I pleaded

"Daddy, I love you. I love you." I sobbed as more tears down my face. His thumb slightly moves to wipe away a tear as he whispers. "Baby...girl..." 

I was standing in front of his tombstone, crying, when a hand pops out of the grave and grabs my ankle. Then it starts to pull me down into the grave and everything goes black.

I jolt awake from my dreams, or nightmares, then look to my right to see Pete passed out, snoring, until he moved his head. Then I look to my left to see a couple guys wearing face paint over their faces, this made me jump. "Hi!" The guy in an orange hat and shirt greeted. "Where are we?" I asked the man, confused. "Municipal holding facility." The guy with his face painted red, white and blue, replied.

"They said they found you and your friend here unconscious at the train yard. Very dangerous." Orange Hat guy said. "We gave you two the shirts because both of you seemed a bit cold." A third voice on my right replied and I jumped, so did Pete who was finally awake, as we turn to face the man.

"Thanks." Pete and I said. "You guys are nice. You speak really good English." Pete said to them. "Welcome to the Netherlands." The three men said and I furrow my brow at them. "We're in the Netherlands right now?" I asked them. "Yup." They said and Pete and I, quickly, get up and go to the jail door. "Guard?" We called out. 

"The guard's on a break. Probably talking to his wife." Orange hat guy said. "Yeah. She's pregnant." Painted face said. "Oh, yeah?" The third guy asked. "Yeah." said Painted face guy as Pete reaches over the lock, breaks it and opens the door, letting us out. We walked out and see the guard talking on the phone in the office before we walk out of the jail house.

Pete and I put on those shirts those guys gave us and started to walk around the small village of the Netherlands as the townsfolk walk around the small market, going about their day. Pete and I look around in confusion before Pete goes to a guy. "Excuse me, sir? Can I borrow your phone?" Pete asked the guy and he nods, pulls his phone out and hands it to Pete.

"Everyone's so nice here." I remarked as the guy smiles. Pete nods as he dials a number on the phone. "Okay... Pick up, pick up, pick up..." Pete mutters then gasped. "Hey. Hey! Uh... I messed up. (Y/n) and I need a...we need a ride. Where are we? Uh..." Pete said then he turns to the man. "...where are we, sir?" He asked and the man said the name of the town but I didn't know how to pronounce that. "Hang on, could you say that into there?" Pete said and he puts the phone to the man's ear.

"It's Broek Op Langedijk. Hi, it's...No problem." The man said into the phone and Pete takes the phone back to his ear. "Thanks." I said to the man and he smiles and nods at us as Pete asked,on the phone. "Did you get that?"

Later, we were walking in the flower fields when a small plane flies over us then lands. The latch opens and out walks Happy. "(Y/n)? Peter? Are you kids okay?" Happy asked as he walks towards us and we run towards him. "Happy, is that you?" I asked. "Is it me? Yeah, of course it's me!" Happy said. "Stop!" Pete shouts and Happy stops while I look over at Pete. "Peter...." I said but Pete shakes his head then looks over at Happy.

"Tell me something only you would know." Pete said to him. "Only I would know... Remember when we went to Germany? You pay-per-viewed a video in your room? They didn't list the titles, but I could tell by the price, it was an adult film at the front desk and you didn't know how I knew?" Happy said and Pete starts to stammer as I furrow my brow at Pete. "Okay! Okay, fine. It's you. It's you, stop." Pete said as I shake my head then try to run, or limp, as fast as I could towards Happy.

Who knew being hit by a train would be so painful?

I go over to Happy and hug him. "It's so good to see you." I whispered, tearfully, as Pete comes up and hugs him as well. "Kids, you've got to tell me what the hell is going on here." He said as he hugs both of us back.