Chapter Three

Rye's POV

"I'm so sorry Andy"

I look at him cuddled next to his mum on the floor of the woods. Tears falling down his face.

"I'm sorry" My father looks down at Andy "I should have acted sooner"

Andy ignores him and just curls further into his mum. His eyes are shut and his head is resting on her stomach. She's covered in dry blood but he doesn't seem to care.

Looking at her injuries I don't think she would have ever made it. Even if we got here just after it had happened, her throat had been torn up. She must have know she wouldn't make it. So why send Andy to get help?

I look back at the boy, he looks so innocent. He didn't deserve to lose his mum, especially not like this.

"We can't leave her here. We need to take her back to the kingdom and give her a proper funeral" I look at my father.

"I agree. It's the least we can do for both her and Andy" he nods "One of the guards will have to carry her back"

My father turns and looks at one of his guards.

"Can you do it?"

He looks like he wants to say no but slowly nods and walks towards her to lift her up.
However before he has the chance to touch her Andy jumps up from his mothers lap and pushes him away growling.

His growl is not soft like most omegas have. It's strong and you can hear the power coming from him.

"Leave her alone!" He looks at the guard with a such force but such vulnerability that it makes my heart ache.

I walk over to where he stands. And stand between him and the guard.

"Andy. We are going to take her back to the kingdom and give her the funeral that she deserves. I know it's hard but you don't want to just leave her in these woods do you? She deserves more than that."

"I want to stay with her"

"You can. Just let us take her to the kingdom and then you can stay with her the whole way there"

He looks at my unsure before nodding and letting me move him to the side giving the guard access. The guard gently picks up his mum and we begin our journey back home.

~~~~~

Once we are back at the kingdom Andy's mum has to be taken to the funeral house meaning Andy needs to say goodbye to her.

"Son" I turn around to see my father walking up to me "I need to speak to you about what's happening with the boy now"

I look at my father confused "What about Andy?"

"He can't stay here son. We can't have him in the castle. We need to find him somewhere else to stay"

"But father-"

"Ryan!" He interrupts me "We will discus this in my office"

"Ok father. I'm just going to tell Andy what's going on"

I walk over to where Andy is standing next to his mother, who is laying on one of the beds in the funeral home until Andy has said his goodbyes.

"Andy I'm going to have to leave you for a bit as my father wishes to talk to me" I beacon for my servant to walk over to us "This is Kirstie, she is my servant. Once you have finished saying your goodbyes she will ascot you to my room. I'll meet you there once I am finished with my father."