Chapter Two

Jack's POV:

"Rye!" I shout out while knocking on his bedroom door.

A few seconds after I hear some shuffling coming from the other side of the door. The door swings open and Rye is standing there looking at me.

"What's up?" He seems upset over something.

I think about asking him if he is alright but decide not to. If it's anything bad he will come to me anyway.

"I'm going to see Brook"  I try to stop the smile that fights to appear but it's no use.

My cousin's face lights up at these words. Great.

"Going to see your boyfriend aye!"

"He isn't my boyfriend! We're just good mates" I glare at him. "If anyone asks where I am you just tell I'm busy somewhere in the castle please"

"Sure. I'll cover for you while you sneak out to see your boyfriend" he laughs at my reaction.

I sigh and turn my back on him. I wouldn't even tell him I was going if I didn't need him to cover for me.

Thing is I'm not meant to leave the castle without any of the guards with me incase something happens. The king never used to be strict with this rule but last year my parents got attacked by a rouge that had been kicked out of the Dunamis pack. My parents didn't make it due to the severity of their injuries and ever since then my uncle is incredibly protective of all of us.

This means that whenever I want to see brook I either have to get him to come to the castle where we will be harassed by Rye and Robbie or I have to sneak out to see him. Sometimes I would rather risk getting in trouble with the king than dealing with Rye and Robbie.

I'm making my way through the village someone walks straight into me.  I see a blonde boy looking up at me.

"Hey! Watch where you're going! You don't wanna get hurt" I say to him.

The blonde boy is clearly an Omega. It's clear by looking at his small frame. He looks lost.

"Sorry" He mumbles out before starting to walk off.

I grab his arm to ask him if he is in need of any help but he quickly jumps and pulls away his arm.

"Don't touch me" He growls. I say growl, it's so quite that I nearly counts as such.

"I'm sorry" I wonder why he seem's so scared? "Hey I haven't seen you around here before"

"I'm new"

That's a lie. I would have meet him if he was a part of the pack.

"No you aren't"

"Yes I am! How would you know?"

"Because I'm part of the Royal family and therefor am informed of any new people that join the pack" my voice comes out stern and my eyes are narrow, he looks nervous. Maybe I should be a bit gentler with him? "So who are you and what are you doing here?"

"I came here for help" He looks me in the eyes "My mother has been attacked and is in need of medical attention"

Attacked? I think back to what happened to my parents. If they have got medical attention sooner they may have made it. I know how hard it is to lose parents. I can't let him lose his mum.