Chapter four ~ Confusion

"So, did you notice anything weird in the room" Canada questioned as the walked down the hall towards Ontario's office.

"Yes, actually. I saw an open vent" Métis answered as she tried to remember anything else.

"You think Kaya escaped through the vents?" the USA inferred.

"Maybe, it's likely but I don't know why she would do that..." Canada acknowledged. Why would Kaya do something like this?

"Well, we'll just ask Oscar for the map of the vents and see where she might have gone." the US instructed, starting a plan.

 ***

"What was that...?" Veneziano questions, breaking the silence.

"I do not know Italy..." Germany answers with a confused look, trying to think of what happened.

"Is it just me or did that woman look oddly familiar?" England says, when he saw her, he felt a weight on his chest, as if he felt ashamed in front of her.

"I bumped into her while walking here earlier, I also felt a sense of familiarity when I saw her." France said, feeling guilty for not remembering this 'Honi'.

"Ve~ do you think Mr.Canadia is dating the woman?" Italy thought out loud.

Russia frowned a little but only for a second before putting on a menacingly sweet smile. "I do not think so, Italia. I know Canada well, and he never said anything about a lover." he says, scaring Italy with his purple aura.

"How do you know Ruski? My awesome self is also the awesomest friend to Canada and he never told me anything about a girlfriend. How unawesome." Prussia answers awesomely.

"What are you doing in the meeting, Prussia! I told you to go sightseeing or something!" Germany declared.

"I did do something! I came here!" Prussia announced loudly.

Russia looked at Prussia and Germany have their little brotherly argument. What if Prussia was right? Did Canada have a girlfriend? Russia was curious. Maybe I should follow him?.

"France, England, you are having curiosities as well, da? Why don't we follow them, I would like to know what this is about." Russia offered to England and France.

England looked interested, he wanted to know this woman is and what she was to the North American brothers. "I may just take you up on your offer... France, don't you want to come too?" England answered.

"I am curious but I really don't think this is a good idea... they deserve their privacy..." France replied consciously. France didn't know this feeling he had of her. He felt sad and happy as well just to see her. His fatherly instincts told him to hug her and tell her everything was alright. But following them doesn't feel right.

"I for one would like to ask what is going on. I believe they should have notified us about what was going on before leaving. We can also provide some help to them." Germany replied.

"I wanna see who that Bella is too~! ;)" Italy exclaimed

"How did you even say that out loud?"  Germany questioned to himself quietly

There was a murmur of agreements here and there, deciding whether they should follow the brothers.

"Enough of this! The awesome me says we leave now!"

"Then it is settled!  Let us go now." Russia says heading out, looking for Canada.

"France, let's just look for them, we can help them." England says trying to convince France, waiting at the door.

"Fine!" France exclaims frustratingly, following his lover out of the meeting room (but he'll never admit their lovers).

 ***

 "So, you're telling me that Kaya went through the vents with Kumajirou?" Ontario questions, a bit sceptical.

"It's hard to believe, but yes, I saw the vent open and everything." Métis answered confidently.

"I just can't believe that she did that..." Ontario looks down, then he looks up at the ceiling, almost trying to see Nunavut in the vents.

"I know, which is why we need to find her. Maybe you can show us a map of the vents in the building, we can look through them and call her name." The US advised.

"Alright, I'll go find a map, and I think Quebec will be here soon. Dad, can you text Quebec to come here?" Ontario assured turning to the cabinets at the back, looking for the map through the many files.

"Got it" Canada answers.

'We're going to find you, Kaya' Métis thought in her head.

***

"Do you even know where you're going?" Kuma asked Nunavut, unsure about he felt at the moment.

"Not really, but Oos is always complaining about how loud the countries are, so all I need to do is listen for a bunch of people being loud!" Kaya exclaimed proudly, crawling through the vents with ease. 

With a little bit more crawling, Kaya started to hear loud voices, two of them reminding Kaya of some of Ontario and Quebec's fights.

She looked for the nearest exit, which was easy to find, opened it and jumped out gracefully, dragging Kuma with her, who landed not so gracefully.

She looked around, looking for Canada. The other countries looked at her in shock, she scared them sh*tless, well, except for Russia, who was mildly surprised.

"Hello child, what were you doing in the vents?" England finally said, breaking the stupor the other nations seem to be in.

"I'm looking for Mister Canada. He forgot his papers and I need to give them to him to save him!" Kaya said, copying one of the US's many hero poses.

"That's who we're looking for right now, umm..." France paused, forgetting that he didn't know the child's name.

"My name is Kaya!" she exclaimed proudly.

"How about you come with us to find Canadia, Bella!" Veneziano suggested happily.

"His name is Canada!" said proudly while correcting Veneziano.

"Oh right! Sorry, Kaya."

"It's alright!"

"Well then, let us look for Canada, da?" Russia says, already walking.

"Yes, the awesome me agrees with you!" Prussia says loudly to get the others walking.

'Don't worry, papa, we're coming' Kaya thought to herself while walking with the others.