Chapter three ~ Panic

As Métis was walking to the car, she had a feeling of dread overcome her, but she pushed it down, hoping it was just her imagination. She walked up to Canada's car and opened it looking for the stuffed toy.

After a while, she realized there was no "stuffie". She quickly closed and locked the car door and ran for the building. Nunavut must be up to something and she doesn't like this feeling she's getting.

She runs down the hall and decides to take a short cut, which means she might run into some of the other nations, but she doesn't care right now.

She runs through the hall and bumps into someone and falls.

"Are you okay?" someone says in a kind french accent.

'It can't be him, anyone but him right now' she thinks, hoping it's not who she thinks it is.

She looks up and sees exactly who she doesn't want to see right now, France. She feels like she can cry, but right now she needs to see if Nunavut is still in the room.

Métis stood up without the help of France and was about to run away, until she felt some grab her hand.

"Sorry about that Cherie, but do I know you from somewhere?" France asked. He's certain he knows her.

"Sorry sir, I don't know you," she said and ran off before he could say anything.

Before Métis could let her emotions take over she ran into the room she and Kaya were staying in until the meeting was over.

She couldn't see Kaya nor Kuma in the room. She looked all over the room to make sure, but the only thing she saw was an open vent.

'What should I do, what am I gonna tell Canada, where is she' she thought in a panic.

'I should go get Canada' she thought as she ran out the door towards the meeting room.

***

Canada was waiting in the meeting room, playing a game on his phone. He noticed the first early countries enter the room and he sighs and puts his phone in the briefcase that Ontario brought for him.

He lays back in his seat and closes his eyes. Suddenly, he felt the familiar feeling of being crushed by a boulder. He doesn't even have to open his eyes too know it's Russia.

Canada didn't really try to get up and the meeting room has started to crowd. He can hear countries asking where 'Canadia' is, but he didn't care anymore.

He felt like he was about to pass out until he heard a familiar French accent showing Russia to the seat next to his current seat.

"Are you okay, Canada?" he asks slightly concerned, eyebrows tilted in worry.

"Yeah, I'm just fine, but are you okay, France? You look like you just saw a ghost." Canada replies as he sees France's slightly pale face.

"Yes, maybe I did see one..."

'What does he mean by that' Canada thinks to himself, but before Canada can reply, Germany shouts for all the nation's attention, ordering them all to return to their seats.

"AMERICA, GET AWAY FROM THE SWEETS" Germany orders The USA, who was near the butter tarts, he has eaten half of them already.

"But they're so good bro! Seriously, my bro makes the best butter tart!!" he says, cautious about not mentioning Oscar's (Ontario) name.

Before Germany could demand that the US should take a seat, Honi burst into the room, looking for Canada. Her eyes were filled with tears and she looked panicked.

Canada noticed Honi and stood right up running up to her as the USA tries to calm her down and ask whats wrong.

Everyone else is confused as the two brothers showed concern for a stranger that no one knew.

Métis hugged Canada saying "kamihtâtamihk" over and over again.

"Honi, I need you to calm down, What happened?" Canada asked gently, hoping nothing bad happened.

"... went to get... Kaya's stuffie... came back... can't find Kaya..." Métis said between sobs.

Métis crying reminded Canada that Métis is younger than she shows. Canada takes a breath to calm himself down and keeps a brave face for his little sister.

"Don't worry, nisîmis (my younger sister). we'll find her together" he says to her calmly.

"Yeah! We'll find her together. It'll be like old times, when we used to explore together!" the US said gently, clearly worried about Métis.

Everyone else decides to stay quiet, not knowing what was going on, but watching nonetheless.

The US pushes the two out the door. Looking back at the nation's he waves goodbye with a smile "Cya guys! We'll be right back after this is handled" he says as they left.