Chapter Eleven • Untouchable

Start from the beginning

But well perhaps jumping at the opportunity to talk to me, Blindy answers anyways while I hear Grace busy with munching down a sandwich.

"Me and Shakira were eating when we heard something fall to the floor and appearantly, it was Aunty Maryam, she fainted."

"Then what happened? Is she okay now?" I sat down on a chair beside her.

"She was revived before she was taken to the clinic, that's all I know."

"And Jan- I mean Asiya, where's she?"

"I'm not sure, I don't know if she came here or not."

"I saw her running towards the clinic." a male voice joined in and this time I didn't need his name to know that it was Michael Ebitoye.

I felt the table shake a little and I was sure that he's sat down.

Great. Just what I needed.

"But now I can see her in the hallway ahead, she's walking to the exit with Maryam and someone I think is Maryam's mom." continued Ebitoye. "Oh and now she just turned back, she appears to be walking back here alone."

Thanks to his commentating, I was able to pick up a little bit of her scent, she was walking here indeed. And now, I feel guilty for how I treated him, for how he still just talked to me despite what I did to him.

As if Blindy could sense the tension, she pulled herself and Grace away, gingerly excusing themselves and going on to another table. I'd be grateful for that if she hadn't just left me in the company of someone I prefer her's over no matter how uncomfortable she makes me feel. But oh well, now I was already in for it so all I did was sigh and brace myself for whatever awkwardness is to come.

"Hey man." I said as warmly as I could manage. "About... you know, that Sarturday you called, I'm sorry," I let my fingers brush through my hair and pull at it, something I always do when I genuinely feel regretful. "but I ghosted you on purpose."

"Well, it wasn't that hard to figure out, Sambo." Ebitoye chuckled and I was surprised that he had taken it so lightly, and I felt stupid as well for thinking he'd be offended.

Though we did have a break, I've known this guy for more than ten years so I should have known there was rarely anything that angered Ebitoye.

"It must suck," his tone was serious now as well as sympathetic and I immediately know he's addressing my blindness. "so I understand, you just needed space to... get used to it."

"Yeah, mate. Thanks."

"No p, really. Here you go," I heard him place a bottle in front of me. "It's Chapman, your usual order. I've been seeing you drinking it whenever you're here."

"In short, you've been stalking me." I chuckled, grabbing the drink and twisting the top till the lid broke and I heard the hiss of gas escaping through it.

"Well, I am a lecturer here and you are a student or something so yeah, I have been seeing you around and I can't help if I notice the stuff you do." he defends and all I did was laugh some more. "So now that that's out of the way, can I ask how exactly it is this happened?"

I knew he was bound to ask this sooner or later and if it was now, then so be it, I let the story unfold, all of it.

"That's... almost unbelievable, I mean you actually survived a plane crash? Whow man, sounds like a movie kinda shit. No offense though."

What'd I expect from him anyways? He was still his vulgar self. I smile a little as I take the first gulp of the chapman I know he's offered to me as a kind of peace offering and then, I could feel Jannah was close. Her scent was intense.