Chapter 18 - Taint Me with Blood

Chapter 18

I did not waste time by killing the lower ranks of the Volturi army first. If I wanted to win, I needed to kill the weakest first. Also, I would like to be a witness of Aro's reaction once he realized that they would lose and this was a one-sided victory for us.

Aro probably never expected this. He had awaited for my arrival for the sole purpose of winning against the army of nomads...unfortunately, the tables had turned and the truth was now biting him hard on the face.

The Volturi's weakest vampires could not help himself but fight each other. There were no allies in their battlefield, only enemies.

"I want to watch Aro beg," Craig whispered to me with a smirk on his face. "Do you think that you can do that, Blyte?"

"Do you want my mind to explode?" I glared at my co-leader. "As you can see, I am the only one who's doing something here,"

"The high ranking officers are not making a move so we're on stand-by," Craig stated the obvious. "I think they're planning something impossible,"

"So you're just going to state facts all throughout the battle? Maybe I should kill you instead," I threatened. "Move!" I ordered the nomads and they complied immediately. They should take orders for me and not Craig.

They should know enough to take orders from the more powerful vampire. Sure, Craig had an incredible ability...but his ability was useless in the battlefield.

Kiara attacked Jane and was beheaded in an instant. It served her right. Kiara did not know how to think. In conclusion, she was plainly stupid.

Why go after a vampire that she obviously could not take down?

"That's a no-brainer..." I shook my head in dismay. "...but I'm relieved that Kiara got killed. I don't need her in the army that I have in mind,"

"What do you have in mind? I'm hopeful to hear that you have me in it. After all, you're using my people," Craig asked jokingly. "When do you plan in springing into action?"

"Later. You go ahead though," I grinned. "Do me a favor and weaken Alec for me, will you? Don't forget that I want to make the final blow,"

"My pleasure," and with that, Craig charged at Alec who was ready for the attack. They threw fists at each other, setting aside each unique supernatural ability that they could control.

I decided to join the fun approximately three minutes after. I ran toward Felix, the vampire who was tasked to teach me about physical defence. I threw the first kick with the use of my left leg which he was able to catch in mid-air.

"Do I need to be thankful that a vampire such as yourself decided to attack me?" Felix had a smirk on his pale face.

"No need to mask your expression, Felix," I used my right leg to jump. With this move, I was able to wrap my right thigh around his leg and use force to throw him on the ground. "I know you're terrified of me. I can sense that you're fooling yourself by pretending that you're not frightened...but God knows that you are,"

"Do I still need to ask why you're doing this?"

"Nah..." I chuckled. "Can you imagine how fun it is if you managed to beat your own teacher? Oh, right. The bliss is for me because I'm the student here, Felix, not you,"

I needed to admit that it took quite a long time for me to beat Felix. He was naturally better than me when it came to physical combat so I exerted more effort into beating him. I was tempted to use my power but I figured that I should cut Felix some slack.

"Kill me now, Blyte," Felix struggled to move on the ground. "What are you waiting for?"

"Hmm..." I acted like I was thinking deeply of what I was going to do to the Volturi guard. "You know what? I'm not going to kill you, Felix. I think that you'll be a great addition to the army that I want to have,"

Felix was silent. It appeared like he was thinking about what I had said.

He was torn between his loyalty to the Volturi or being led by a powerful vampire.

If I were the one in his position, I did not need to think because I would choose the latter.

"What if I don't want to be part of your so-called army?" Felix wondered.

"Are you asking because you're just curious or are you asking because you want to die?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "I'll lessen the pressure for you. I'll give you time to think about what you want to happen. However, I will need your answer after the war and I know that you've got the hint that I'm not a patient person,"

"Blyte," Craig called for my name. "Be a darling and come here," I left Felix so that he would be able to decide his fate and walked to where Craig was. The atmosphere felt normal for war. Aro, Caius, and Marcus stood still, observing what was happening. I reached Craig and saw that he held both of Alec's arms from the back. "Ready to make the final blow?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," I beamed.

I was ready to attack, ready to get rid of my weakness which was Alec...until a voice stopped me. "Blyte!" the voice was still far, but I could hear it. I turned to look at the direction of where it came from. "Don't do it! Don't do something that you will regret!"

"Brynn...?" Alec whispered.

"You're so lucky..." I said through gritted teeth. ""...looks like your princess is here to save you, Alec."