Chapter 5 - Taint Me with Blood

Chapter 5

"Seth," Brynn spoke the werewolf's name. She was shock of his sight whilst Alec's face was neutral, it was his battle face. The one that looked like he was hungry for death.

"The werewolf's here," Alec stood up from sitting and faced Seth. "It's nice for you to join us,"

In one second, Seth immediately shifted into his wolf form and tacked Seth faster that a human could blink. Alec obviously expected that attack for I had seen him ready to attack too.

I read Alec's mind first, obviously he didn't keep his guard up when Seth attacked him. I didn't go to his memories, I just simply read his mind. And inside his mind, he was dead set onto killing the werewolf.

Bloody hell.

Brynn didn't know what to do and that left me no choice. I needed to do this if I didn't want to see one of them die. I needed to do this even though I would look like the person who did the wrong thing and saved the person who really did it.

I ran towards Brynn and pinned her to the ground. I circled my hand around her neck to choke her or if in a vampire's case, take her head off, which wasn't really part of my plan. It was just to make the fighting stop.

Just as planned, Alec and Seth stopped fighting to look at me. "You can't play two guys at once," I hissed to her. She didn't move. It was obvious that with one move, I would be able to kill her.

"Don't touch her," Alec glared at me whilst I heard the werewolf growling. I then remembered everything Alec said about me. I remembered the hatred he felt towards me. It was the same feeling that I felt for him too.

"You're not the boss of me, Alec," I said bitterly. "What if I kill her? You can block my senses, but you cannot keep me away from physically killing her,"

I exerted force in my hands, cracking her face slightly. Her face showed complete fear of what I could do. As I read her mind, she knew that I was a heartless vampire when it came to killing, not like them. But little did she know that I only killed people without a family...and she didn't need to know that. I really liked everyone in the vampire world knowing me as the heartless one.

Inside her mind was her comparing me to the Cullens. She also knew that I would show no mercy in killing her. If Alec wasn't involved, I wouldn't pity her even if she was just a half-vampire

"Release her," the familiar voice of the other mind reader joined us. "She had done nothing wrong,"

"Really, Edward?" I chuckled. "You can read minds, you know what happened,"

Play along.

I told Edward inside my mind.

Sure thing. He replied.

"What do you want from me?" Brynn choked out.

"In all honesty," I laughed like her question was the most interesting thing in the world. "I don't even know,"

"You're jealous," she blurted out. That was low blow even for a vampire like me. If she knew that I was helping her, she wouldn't say that.

But what got me was how she was just saying the truth.

"Why would I be jealous of you?" I whispered.

"Because nobody likes you," and that was it, I lost to the person I was helping. She was right. I couldn't blame her for saying that because it was the truth.

I released my grip on her neck and whispered something that I wasn't so sure if anyone heard. "Nobody will," and I ran away.

***