Pt. 39: The Letter

Începe de la început

I don't know if I still alive or not after all of this but I need you to find my personal lawyer, Mr. Hudson. I know you will very well leading and managing Cat Co in the future. Maybe you can rename it after your own name since you own it now. Also, you don't need to repeat your whole last semester, you only need to take your exam whenever you are ready and graduate. I've talk to the counselor, lucky for you, I have share in this university and they can't say otherwise. If I'm not coming back, the share is yours and a few other things.

Sincerely,
LL

I didn't notice I was crying until I see a few drops on the paper.

"What happened Kara...?" Alex getting worry.

"She did this for us! She went to them and now she's fighting for our city!" Now I'm crying hysterically and Alex hugs me close.

"Can I see that letter? She can't go alone." I give it to Sara.

"Alex, we have to see Mr. Hudson! We have to see her lawyer! She said go see her lawyer. Maybe he knows where she is... Maybe..."

"No need to find her lawyer. That's for something else..." Sara says while she hands me the letter back.

"Then how do we know where she is...??" I look at Sara.

"I think I know. Let's go back to SPP. I'll call my team. Alex, get Jonn, Brainy and Nia too."

At the SPP

Once we are all gather, Sara starts explaining and decode Lena's letter. "In the letter, Lena did mentioned a name 'Chapo...' or known as El-Chapo. She gave us the clue there. Smart women."

"Who is El-Chapo?" Nia ask.

"El-Chapo or his real name is Jaquin Guzman is a Mexican drug lord and former leader of Sinaloa Cartel, an international crime syndicate. He is considered the most powerful drug trafficking in the world." Sara explaining while showing his face on the screen.

Alex asks "how do you know this guy?"

"I'm a former assassin, what else do you think...?"

"But you didn't kill him..." Nia kinda asks.

"Sad truth, no I don't kill him. I killed the guy who hired me to kill him."

"Why?" Nia ask again.

"He paid me triple."

"You're maniac."

"Well, maniac was my job. An assassin also have bills to pay. Enough questions Nia. El-Chapo stands for shory. He's shorter than Brainy."

"I am offended..." Brainy said.

"Do you know where is his nest?" Kara asks.

"If he's still there, we'll be eating tacos at Sinaloa, Mexico tomorrow."

"Why not now?" Kara ask impatient.

"Sinaloa Cartel is a big organization Kara... They basically own the Mexico, they're everywhere." Sara explains.

"Yeah, we need to make sure our team ready..." Alex try to make Kara understand.

"I'm coming." Kara states.

"Absolutely not! You've just woke up from your long sleep and I almost lost you! That is the worst idea..." Alex objected.

"I said I'm coming!"

Kara stand and slamming her fists on the thick, solid metal table and it cracks at her area. Everyone is disbelieving looking at her and she excuse herself.

"I... I uhhh have an appointment with Barry and Caitlyn." Kara walks out of the room.

"What's just happened?" Nia ask to break the silence and Brainy looks down at the crack.

"Not even a bullet can go past this metal but she can broke it with her bare hands. Interesting. Please excuse me." Brainy exit the room.

"Zombie can't do that..." Nick said.

"Supers can..." ray added.

"Boys get ready and standby the waverider." Sara's order them and they go get ready.

"Alex, inform all the strike team to get ready. We fly to Mexico tomorrow afternoon. I go check on the ships..." Jonn order.

"Noted." Alex answer.

To be continue...

*hey how are you guys..? Feel free to check and read the new short story on my page called: DEMONS // SUPERCORP. Have a good day!

xoxo