Pt. 29: Are you good?

Kara POV

Alex told me that she will be working at somewhere far so, I have to be good and stay with mommy and grandpa for a few days. After saying goodbye and good luck to her and Sara, I follow mom to her workplace.

"Is this your working room? Wow, it's so huge..." my mom open the door and let me in.

"It is an office Kara... Working room is called office.. Today you are stuck with me here.."

"Stuck? We can't get out? We need to get help..! Call Alex...!" I misunderstood the reference.

"No honey. Not that kind of stuck. I mean, you need to stay in here for a few hours because I have to meet some people to discuss about work."

"You have a lot of tv! So many... You have a balcony?! Can I go outside? I wanna go outside.." I run toward the balcony before Lena say anything and that's when my forehead meet the glass door. Pummm! "Ouch..!"

Lena POV

I'm happy to see her happy and she seems to be a little bit excited. After today's meeting,  we will go for lunch and I will take 2 or 3 days leave and we'll go see grandpa today. Right before I tell her to open the sliding door, she hit her forehead with the glass.

"Kara..! Are you okay? Let me see.. Let me see..." I ran to her and check her forehead, she's about to cry because her eyes start watery. Luckily the glass didn't break and hurt herself, Alex would've kill me.

"Kara, honey please don't cry... I'm sorry, I will put something at it so you can see it. Now, let's go to outside.." she wipe her tears and follow me outside. Her face drastically change from sad to shiny sunshine. Yeah, she's 4... "Don't you think to try to climb it. You can come here only when you have someone with you... I'll introduce you to Eve later.. okay kara?"

"Okay..."

I go to my table and call Eve to come in.

"Yes Ms. Luthor...?"

"Eve, I need you to do me a favour.."

"Anything..."

"I need you to clear my office from a pointy, sharp, or anything that can hurt and keep it away from a kid could reach.."

"A kid? Are you expecting a kid to be here?"

"Sorry, forgot to tell you. You see a girl behind me? She have a condition. She's a grown woman but her mind is 4. I will take a few days leaves after the meeting. No one should know about this..."

"Okay.. Ms. Luthor, your meeting will ended around 2:30pm or 3pm. Should I get her some food for lunch? Does she have any allergies?"

"Yes please.. just order anything that she wants to eat and for you too. Put it under my bill. As far as I know, she doesn't have any allergies.. If something, anything happening just tell me right away. Just stay with her for a few hours until I done with the meetings."

"Alright, noted..."

Now I go talk to Kara to tell her she'll be accompany by Eve and be back after meetings. She seems to understand but also distracted by the TVs at the wall.

Alex POV

It just two hours since our departure and Sara said we will be there around 30 minutes. Nia already throwing up twice, not gonna lie it quite dizzy but I think I can manage for another 30 minutes.

"Alright guys, half an hour left until we landing. How are you guys holding up?" She looks at Nia and I.

"This is sick!" Nia.

"Not throwing up.. yet." I said to her and she laughs a little.

"Great..! That's normal for anyone who is riding the Wave Rider for the first time.. Good thing is, it can save our time and reach faster.. Here, have some mints and we need to blend in so, let's go get change guys..." since we are somewhere at asian country, we just dress like a tourist.

Sara POV

We gather at the counsil room and I tell them the plan and their positions. Once we're landing somewhere safe to hide the jet, we walk around to find any source that will lead us to Lex or the drug.

"Alex, are you good?"

"Yea.... no... I just want to end this mission soon so Kara will be back to normal... It is her final year, just one more step to graduate.. She'll be very devastate if she knows. That was her dream, Sara. Graduating, find a good flexible job, have a family and celebrate every holidays that we have in a year and never get bored of it, because she loves celebration. For her, celebration makes people happy. How can she be happy if she knows that she's not going to able to have her own family..? Let alone to carry a child..! I don't know what will happen if I see Lex.."

"I know, I understand. Both of the situations.."

"How...? How do you understand...?! That's her that laying on hospital bed for weeks! That's her that missed her final exam..! That's her that have mind issues right now and still think that this world are bubbles, rainbow and unicorn exist! Now she wants to be Supergirl. That's her Sara, not us and we will never be understand..."

"I understand more than you think... I lost my sister.."

"Laurel? I'm sorry... Why didn't you tell me..?"

"Being an assassin have it cost." I pull up my shirt and show her my scar right below my belly button. "Shot by two arrows, while trying to saved her. I know I will not be a good mother in the future so I moved on."

"Sorry I didn't know..."

"The anger and guilt that I felt for not being able to save her took me down the dark path. You also don't know that I protect my team. And you Alex Danvers, you are on my team and I promise you, that we will get the cure for Kara. She's like my sister too. Now, get your head in the game, let's go.."