Chapter Six | Ciruss

|AUTHORS NOTE|

I am so excited for this story, but you know what would make me even MORE excited? Some feedback :)

Stay Classy!

_____

The room that the peacekeeper left Quinn in wasnt that big. It was almost all white with a ruby red couch, a table of foods and drinks, and there were a few other doors that went to seperate rooms. Quinn seated herself on the couch, and forced her thoughts away from the peacekeeper and to the room she was in.

This was the room where she would meet her own personal team. The people that would be incharge of making her look good for the cameras. She hadn't ever really thought about this part of the games. She had actually always been jealous of the all the girl tributes. They all always looked so pretty with their custom clothes on, their hair done in elegant styles, and their skin and makeup were always perfect. She had never considered really that they had been in the same position as her, she never thought the prep team had much to do with anything.

Quinn ran her fingers along the red material of the couch. It was smooth, and probably brand new. She was probably the first one to sit on it--it would only make sense that everything all the tributes had was brand new. Why would the Capitol let them have anything used? They probably never had to have anything used anyway, and the tributes were practically royalty...they deserved the best before they had to kill each other.

Suddenly the door closest to her opened quickly, and a woman poked her head out. Her hair was bright pink, and her skin was so light that it looked like she had never stepped foot into the sun. Her nose had a golden ring in it, she wore a black shirt with the District Four crest on the shoulder. Then she wore white jeans with it and then pink heels that matched her hair. She looked down at Quinn on the couch and her eyes were different. One eye was a incredibly dark shade of brown like Quinn's and then the other was icy blue.

A smile spread across her face as she clapped her hands together, "Quinn Maverick!" she beamed as she hurried towards her as Quinn stood up, "It's wonderful to finally meet you! I'm Breea," she smiled as she wrapped her arms around Quinn in a tight hug. "In charge of everything that has anything to do with your face and hair. Yizel , the newest member of the team--besides you of course, is waxing and cleansing." she rambled, "Kellun is your nails and skin, he works magic, he really does. I mean...look at my nails. He did them." she smiled as she waved her fingers for Quinn to see. "Then Ciruss is your head stylist-- he was the victor of the first ever quarter quell! You'll love him! He's been the stylist for Districts One and Two for years! He even made Twelve look good a few years back-"

"Breea, do you ever stop talking? Give the girl some space!" a mans voice announced as they walked into a well lit room with a bed of sorts in the center.

Quinn looked to see a man with light brown hair, light brown eyes, and he was extremely skinny. "It's nice to finally meet you, I'm Kellun."

Quinn forced a smile onto her face, "It's nice to meet you too...both of you."

A curtain was pushed aside, and a shorter girl walked in. She had pastel blue hair, her skin was dyed an even lighter shade of blue too. Quinn assumed that was Yizel.

She smiled and waved her hand, "Yizel is an Avox," Kellun stated, "But she is the best at what she does."

Quinn looked at Yizel for a moment. Most people became an Avox when they did something wrong, when they broke a law. The girl was so small, dainty, she didn't look like a threat. What could she have done? Had she done something at all?

"We should get you ready though. Ciruss will be here in no time." Kellun smiled.

Breea dramatically put a hand to her chest, "I can't wait for you to see what he has for you! Absolutely stunning! After tonight it will be in demand for sure!" she said with a big smile on her face.

Yizel walked over to a shelf of sorts and pulled something out. Then she turned and held it out to Quinn, it was a simple white gown that she had to change into. After she was in the gown, she was laid down on the metal bed and the painful prepping began. First Yizel waxed any unwanted hair, and then she went to work at smoothing her skin as much as possible. All the of the scrubbing made Quinns entire body ache, but once Yizel was finished she and Breea put lotion on Quinn's arms and legs. Then once that stage of prepping was finished, she was able to sit up and Kellun went to work with shaping her nails and then did a bit more work on getting rid of the small scars that Quinn had on her hands from fishing, the one scar she had on her forehead from the time she fell in warehouse that the orphans in Four lived in...

She felt a bit guilty for enjoying a few of the aspects of being a tribute--the food, the comfortable beds...while she was there doing that, the kids she had lived with for years were back home starving still while she was there with a full stomach from the breakfast she had been served on the train.

Quinn was quickly snapped out of her thoughts by the sound of a door opening and closing. A man walked into the room, his hair a dark shade of grey and messy. He was tall, and looked like the typical Victor--- fit and healthy. She had seen bits and pieces of his games, and she had heard him talk before when he would be on with Caesar Flickerman. He sounded like the typical prideful Victor from One. But there was something different about him, there was a painful look in his eyes that made him look much older than however old he was.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Quinn." he sighed as he held out a hand to her.

She forced herself to take it. But the thought of being in the same room as him, a Hunger Games hero...a Victor who killed other tributes...it didn't seem right that he would be helping prepare more kids to die.

"Why are you here?" Quinn asked sharply, without thinking of how her voice might sound. "Shouldn't you be a Mentor? Or back in One at least?"

He looked at her, surprised by the question. But he released her hand sighed heavily before he replied. "I was a mentor for twenty-five years. Since I won the Quarter Quell, I was a mentor every year. You can only send so many kids off to die before you lose even more sanity..." he frowned, "Eventually you need something to keep yourself busy, sitting in a house waiting for the next games wasn't something I wanted to do." he explained as he rubbed the back of his neck, bringing her attention to the elegant silver tattoo on his neck.

"So you decided to work with tributes in a different way?" Quinn asked.

His explaination made some sense. But the Victors, besides Thomas, in Four didn't seem all that uncomfortable with things.

Ciruss nodded and then chuckled a bit, "Believe me, I never expected I'd be designing clothes." he smirked a bit, but there was still a hollowness in his face. A broken look that made him look like he lost everything. But then after a moment, he clapped his hands together. "Let's get to work though, the parade is the most important part of making sponsors."