I Fucking Hate You

Sal POV

"Hey Sallyface! I haven't seen you in forever!" Megan exclaimed, practically jumping up
and down with glee to see me again. I chuckled softly. Megan felt a bit like a little sister to me, and seeing her this happy must mean her mother was talking more. "How've ya been?" Shuffling on the grim floor to get more comfortable, I listened to the little phantom ramble about her days since I had last seen her.  "Mommy talked about a girl I used to play with. She was older then me. By two whole years!" She gasped, giggling afterwards. I chuckled along, amused by her childish antics. She seemed like a normal kid. The life she could've had if she didn't die. She could've made so many friends, have sleepovers, complain about basic parent things, talk about boys and meet one that would treat her right. How did she die? I wasn't sure. Megan said most of her memories were a blur, then for a while, black.

"What about you, Sallyface?" I snapped myself back into reality, then looked to the side. "Well... I met someone I really like." Megan tilted her head. "Like how mommy and daddy liked each other? Or friends?" She put on her thinking face, leaning her own chin on the palm of her hand while her arms were crossed. "Oh! You met a girl! Is that it, Sallyface?" I shook my head and chuckled. "Actually, it's a boy I met." I breathed. Megan furrowed her eyebrows. "You like like a boy? How does that work?" She asked, thinking about it herself. "Sometimes, people are born differently. Some girls are born to love girls or some boys are born to love boys. Some people are born to love both! It's called bisexuality. Lesbian and gay for the other two." I grinned as wonder consumed Megan's eyes. "Well... well I wanna be bisexual! I want to love everyone in the world! Boys and girls! Mean and nice! Like mommy and daddy." I smiled again. This girl was so carefree and innocent it hurt to remember she was nothing put ghost plasma now.

"I gotta go now. Bye, Sallyface!" Before I could say one more thing, the girl melted into the rotting floor boards with a piercing scream. "Bye, Megan." I whispered, getting up to leave.

~The next day~

It was school. Most people hate going to school, right? Well, I'm no exception. I was dreading today. I hadn't seen or heard of Larry or anyone else since...

I reluctantly got out of bed, Travis wasn't here. He might've woken up early. He's the son of a crazy mad Christian after all. Must've grown up to be ten hours early to school or shit like that. I threw on some black jeans and sweatshirt. I did my usual bathroom routine, placing my mask on my face and so on.

Gizmo greeted me with a purr, rubbing his head against my ankle as I stroked his fur. "Morning, Giz." I yawned, watching him walk away to the couch. There was a knock on the door. I tore my gaze from the feline and walked towards the chipped and dented door. Twisting the knob, I pulled it open. Two policemen stood in front of me.

"Excuse me..?"

"Sal, Sal Fisher. What can I do for you, officers?"

"We are looking for a missing boy. Have you seen him?"

The first officer held up a missing poster. It was Travis. Is his dad looking for him? Is he that sadistic that he wants his punching bag back? I looked blankly at the paper. "I do know him. However I haven't seen him since last Friday. We're not exactly friends." I shrugged, the officer nodding. "Contact us if you do see him." And with that, they left. I closed the door. His dad was looking for him? Why? Is he that sadistic? The same questions flooded my brain as I thought the entire event over. Then came a voice. "Morning, Sally. Ready for school?" It was Travis. His voice was chirpy and filled with joy for once.

As I gazed upon his face, I smiled. No recent bruises littered his tan skin for once. "Yep, ready to go." I held a thumbs up, cringy but whatever.

We had been walking for around ten minutes, the apartments already edging out of view. It was a comfortable silence floating in the atmosphere. The apartments were near a body of trees, so the common chirp of birds could be heard, along with the rustle of autumn leaves. It was peaceful.

Travis POV

I was dreading the day to come. School was going to be hell as usual and Larry was there. He hates my guts and I don't blame him. I insulted his friend on a daily basis, punched him and then made out with him. It's a lot that you'd have to process, or wouldn't want to process at all.

However, I'd rather have Sally to myself rather then pretend everything is cool with his friends.