Chapter 1

Sally POV

Excuse me, Mr Fisher?"

"..."

"Sal, wake up!"

I jolt my head up as the teacher yelled my name.

I must've fallen asleep. No surprise, math is boring as hell.

"Huh?" I was still half asleep and confused. "That doesn't look like math to me." Stated Mrs Packerton. Oh yeah, we were doing a test. "Oh, sorry. I must've dozed off. I already finished the test." I replied, trying not to pass out right there and then. Staying up all night revising for math is enough. Having a teacher nagging my last few brain cells even after I finished the work assigned is too much. "I know, dear. You aced it as well, very good. Just try to stay awake for the remainder of the class okay?" Did this old bat seriously use the phrase 'aced it?' Oh lord end me now. "Sure, it won't happen again." I assured, secretly ticked off I had to sit in silence even though I finished.

"And Mr Phelps, eyes on your own paper." Mrs packerton Scolded Travis. Busted, lol. "Hmph!" Travis had nothing to say and turned around, focusing on his test.

"Class is almost over. Make sure everyone hands in their tests before leaving." Announces the teacher, everyone silently celebrating. The bell rung shortly afterwards and everyone rushed out.

Me and Ashley were talking about random stuff. I felt a stare burning into my back though. "Hey, freak!" Ah, right. Black eye guy. Also known as Travis. "Nobody likes a goody-two-shows, saaally face." He taunted, stretching my 'nickname' out. "Nobody likes a cliché bully, Traaavis." I snapped back, mocking him by stretching his name out. "Don't you have something better to do?" Asked Ashley, a thread of genuineness laced in her voice. Probably doesn't. Poor thing. "Shut up, bitch! I wasn't talking to you!" Travis suddenly yelled. Aww, he'd prefer to talk to me. How cute. Lol. "You know, if you took that stick out of your ass you might actually enjoy yourself for once. Maybe even make a friend or two." Shrugging, I explained the obvious steps to making a friend.

"Fuck off faggot! I have more friends then you'll ever have!" Why the fuck are you wasting your time with a 'faggot' like me when you're sooo popular then? Exactly. "You kiss your daddy with that tongue? I'm sure he-" A hard impact forced my head to swing to the side. Travis had lunged himself at me, punching me across the face. How nice.

When I took in what just happened, and the pain started to become noticeable, he was gone. He must've ran for it after hitting me. "What the hell, asshole?!" Ash yelled, following the direction he went in with her eyes. She quickly turned to me, her expression turning into a worried one. "You alright, Sal?" She asked, concern swimming in her green eyes. "I'm fine." I assured, wondering if I went too far mentioning Travis's father. I mean, it's obviously clear to everyone that something happens inside the Phelps house. No one cares enough to help.

"Come on, lets report that jerk." Ash suggested, almost walking to the principal's to do so. "No, don't worry about it." I exclaimed. "That'll just make things worse, trust me, I've dealt with bigger bullies then Travis before." I explained.

It was true, I can't remember a time I wasn't bullied for something. Especially after the incident in New Jersey and... mom.

I was snapped back into reality by Ashley. "Sal, you're bleeding!" I shrugged, not really bothered. As I said before, I've dealt with worse. "I'm okay, really." I assured again, putting my hands up a bit. "Here, lets use my bandana." Ash held out her bandana, reaching for my mask straps. I started to panic. I wasn't ready to show her my real face and I was scared to see her reaction.

I quickly tried stopping her. "Wait, hold on. I- you can't- I'm-" I couldn't get my words out, she continued unbuckling my mask until she could lift it up from the bottom. I cringed, waiting for the look of disgust or horror to spread across her face and to invade her eyes.

Yet only slight shock shimmered across her face as she bit her lip, like she was enduring the same pain as me. Was this reaction from me bleeding or my face? She then smiled and wiped the blood. Confused, and lost for words, I just let her clean the blood. "There, looks like it was just a small scratch. Don't worry you can hardly see it." Hardly see it? Dude, I wear a mask almost twenty four seven! "Ha... thanks Ash." Was all I could muster.

"Dude, what happened?"

I jumped backwards, only to be met with Larry, chuckling slightly at me almost shitting myself. Jesus fuck nuggets. Realisation washed over him. His half smile turned into a scowl. If looks could kill Travis better stay away from Larry. "Was it Travis again? That prick, I'll kill him!" He suddenly yelled, balling his fists until they turned milky white, his nose scrunched up out of anger and his eyebrows furrowed. "Larry, it's okay. Don't worry about it." I assured, for the millionth time. I don't see the big deal out of a cliché bully that wants attention and nothing more. "Sal's right, if we stir the pot it could make things worse." Ash stated. Thank you! Finally! God damn. "Not if he's dead." Larry flatly said, still holding onto his rage filled scowl. "Then he'll probably haunt the school and we'd be stuck with that bonehead for the next two years." Ash playfully stated in a humours tone. I held in a chuckle at that sentence. Having a mask has its perks. "Ha! Says the group skeptic!" I slipped in, turning to Ash. "You know I love you guys but the ghost stories are a bit much even for me." Ash furrowed her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes, or rather, eye, scoffing silently.

"So we're really just gonna let this Travis thing go?" Asked Larry, still grasping onto his scowl and somehow managing to keep his fists balled up. "It's not worth it." I sighed, frustrated that Larry still hadn't got the memo of the current situation in hand. "Plus think about it, who knows what his home life is like. He's got a lot of pent up rage there must be a reason." I stated, sick of repeating myself. "I'm pretty sure he's just angry that they switched Bologna Sandwich Day to tomorrow." Ash! Not helping! But you do make a good point. Larry let out a little breathless chuckle, his scowl fading and his hands now in his pockets. "Seriously, I've never seen anyone love the crappiest lunch so much." Me and Larry both nodded in agreement. The Bologna tasted like it was always expired and the way the lunch lady looked and acted didn't  give me much comfort at all. "It's like a prison meal. And he doesn't even like pizza Fridays! Who doesn't like pizza? It's inhuman." Ash continued. Yeah who doesn't like pizza? "Maybe he's an alien." Larry suggested. Oh so before I proved the ghosts you didn't believe in the paranormal and yet you think aliens exist? Typical. "Ha! That's all we need." After all the things that's been happening, the last thing we needed was an alien.

"Pst, Larry. I'll help you kill Travis when Sal isn't looking." Ash muttered, rather loudly. Bitch I am in the middle of you two! "I heard that." Turning to Ash, I squinted my eye at her, for some reason I was pissed at all these jokes they were making about Travis. I mean, he bullies me everyday whenever he gets the chance. Why was I ticked off about what was said about him behind his back?

The next day

Bologna Day