Close Enough

As the Dragon child gobbled up the rest of food that he had been given, Mirio went looking around the cave for the exit, being so dark so far in and with so many pathways, it was hard to work out from which direction he entered. There were many tunnels and the sounds of water dripping on the floor echoed through each one. 

He chose a walkway to walk down as the dragon licked his fingers. The child noticed the Mirio started walking off in the dark, leaving him by-himself. "W-waht" The child yelled out with nervousness in his voice. 

Mirio stopped to the sound of his quivered voice and turned back to look at him "oh! So you can talk!" Mirio stared before smiling "Can you help us both get out of here? I'm kinda lost now" he laughed rubbing his head, as the child looked at him blankly. 

Mirio waited for his response but he didn't get anything but a stare. Mirio tuned around a bit nervous and then walked back towards the Dragon boy. 

"Your a dragon right? You can breathe fire, so can you give us both some light to get out of here?" Mirio smiled again only to be met back with the same blank starring face as before. 

Mirio sighed and put his hands up near his face, "Fire" he said imitating a dragon with fire coming out of its mouth. The boy understood what Mirio asked for and then let out a small amount of fire from his mouth, causing two purple fireballs to appear constantly alight on the tips of his horns. 

"Alright!" Mirio jumped up in excitement, startling the child slightly. 

As they walked around they finally found the entrance, the dragon following slowly behind Mirio. They had almost walked out of the cave, but Mirio stopped as something had caught the corner of his eye, there was another tunnel just before the entrance, leading to the left, something was shining brightly. 

Mirio walked into the room like area to see a huge, crystallised, orange, adult dragon with black markings around its eyes. "uh...W-wow, what happened to this poor guy?" Mirio asked pointing towards the frozen beast. 

The boy starred at the big orange dragon and then looked at Mirio who was looking back, waiting for some kind of a reaction.  The dragon put up his hand to his face, covering half his face, then gave a shy angry face. Mirio understood that he was trying  interpretrating that an angry visitor had came in contact with them. Suddenly, the boy then stomped his feet on the ground nervously and then swung his arm from bottom of the floor and then positioned his arm pointing at the crystallised dragon.

After the child did his speechless interpretation which made him really shy afterwards, Mirio starred back to the orange dragon, he only understood half of what the kid was trying to explain to him. Mirio noticed that at the feet of the dragon was a scattered bed of old dry straw and small pieces of clothing. 

Mirio immediately understood why the child was naked and so very hungry. His clothes had decayed over time and that showed a high chance that he slept with the bigger one, Mirio knew the boy has some kind of relationship with the beast. 

Mirio looked back at the boy who had a sad look on his face as he starred at his feet. "What's your name?" He asked, catching his attention. 

"Ta...Tam-ah-key " he spoke with quiver in his voice. ".....Tam-ah-key?....oh! Tamaki?" Mirio asked with a smile. The dragon nodded his head yes with slight happiness shown in his eyes, Mirio assumed he was slightly happy because being all alone, he must have missed hearing his own name said properly and not the broken way he spoke himself.

Mirio stood up tall and put hype in his step as he walked closer to the Tamaki as he headed for the entrance. Tamaki followed behind Mirio until he noticed that he stopped and turned around before passing through the water.

''I'm Mirio Togata!'' he smiled at Tamaki with a thumbs up. Tamaki starred, ''...M-mero..'' he replied calmly.  Mirio smiled and put his hand on Tamaki's shoulder, making him shake nervously, ''Close enough!'' He smiled again but with a slight blush. 

Tamaki suddenly stopped shaking, 'Close enough', those words ran through his head. Despite the fact that he couldn't speak, despite the fact that he wasn't perfect, what he said was good enough for Mirio, and knowing that formed small tears in the corner of his eyes as his breath stuttered trying not to cry.  

( Date: 20th of October, 2019

Words:772)