Once in a Blue Moon- New Chapters

Depuis le début

I got to the airport and boarded the plane. I was asleep almost the whole time, only waking when the stewardess asked me if I wanted peanuts. I luckily had a dreamless sleep. The man next to me woke me up when it was time to onboard. As I walked out of the gate rolling my lime green suitcase, I saw blonde curly hair atop a familiar face- my Aunt Charlie. Next to her was kind-faced, Uncle Charles with his dark complexion. I tried to look happy, and although I usually had a fairly good poker face, I knew they could see through it today. Charlie wrapped me in a giant hug, murmuring something that sounded like "I'm sorry." From the airport, we got in their over-sized SUV, considering they had two out-of-the-house children, and drove to the Weber beachfront property. As we pulled up the driveway, I realized it was more beautiful than I remembered. Up the hill that butted up to a beautiful expanse of beach sat an older house, one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. As we went inside, I realized we were standing in a grand entry room. It was varied shades of browns that were in direct contrast to the blues of the sunken living room next door. This flowed into a bright kitchen. I could only see part of it, but I could tell it was huge. It looked to be decorated in tomato reds and sterling silvers. On the other side of the entryway was an entertainment room that was done in woods and neutrals. Here you had a brilliant view of the beach. I looked back at my new guardians. They smiled, and Uncle Charles said

"Come over here." He led me to the plain, white hall closet. All the shelves and even the hanging rod had been removed. I hoped this wasn't my new room. There was a traditional ceiling closet door when I looked up. It even had the little string you pull to release the ladder. I stood there, hesitantly, as Charles walked in and pulled the string. There was a faint creaking sound as the ladder collapsed to the ground with a light thud. Charlie nodded in encouragement. I was usually quite brave, but I didn't feel like myself today. I slowly ascended the creaky stairs, and saw an unexpected ray of sunlight. I could see the beautiful main room. As big as the living room was, this was bigger. The walls were painted a rich brown that was surprisingly not overpowering. There was a black sectional with moss green pillows and blankets accenting it. I could see and hear a miniature waterfall in the corner, trickling away. I saw a small T. V. with a VCR and DVD player hooked up. They were lucky they could still find those. As I looked around the room once more, I realized it was made to look like Forks. I felt a lump rise in my throat. As I took the last step to have my feet on the ground instead of the old ladder, my toe caught on the lip the floor made over the last stair. I had luckily left my bags on the stair below. I landed with my hands out to embrace the fall, like always. As I pulled my head up, I noticed the wood floors were Spruce, the same kind that grew outside my old house. They were my favorite. As I pulled myself up from the floor, I felt my color go from pale white from cloudy Forks days to tomato red. The same moment I heard Charlie and Charles climb up the stairs I noticed a hallway leading from the main room. As I tediously walked down it, I was grateful they hadn't seen my spill on the stairs. At the end of the hall was a large circular room. The walls were covered floor to ceiling in bookcases except for one wall, which had a picture window. My boxes full of books were already in the room. Just then I noticed the bookcases were just the faintest shade of teal. It was nearly transparent. It reminded me of the ocean. These accented the Kelly Green hallways and spruce floors that carried throughout. As I poked my head back out to the hallway, I noticed there was another one on the other side of the main room. I half walked, half jogged down it, only to skid to a stop when I noticed a door on the left. I walked into a beautiful bathroom. It was done in interesting tile, and shining chrome. I closed the door and kept walking, as I pondered the greatness of a personal bathroom. The next door was to the right. I opened the door to stand in a giant bedroom. The walls were an off-shade of lime green, accented by every color under the rainbow. I looked at the simple bed that doubled as a window seat. On the opposite wall was a desk with a filing cabinet next to it. On top sat a laptop- still in box. I couldn't wait to open it. I went back to the main room and carefully down the creaky ladder to grab more bags. I went upstairs and started to unpack, wondering how much life would change- and if for the better or worse- because of this sunny place I now called home.