Kahi Unkahi

Biren looked at her spilling tears and wiped them lovingly. He didn't ask anything, because he knew... knew she would have to lie to him. And that will be another burden on her pious soul. Biren laughed in his mind... Did Cheeni think she will get away this easily after doing this to his Mrinu. If anything Cheeni had no idea what he would do to anyone who made her cry... her every single tear he will turn into acid and burn her drop by drop. She dared to use his Mrinu, his little Puchchu. He will make it a point to destroy her and anybody else involved. And he knew exactly how?

Biren: (holding the glass to her lips) Pani pee...

He then picked her in his arms and made her sit on the bed covered her with softest blanket.. Then went to Mrinu's almirah in his room opened and took out new sari and went to the bathroom to switch on the Geyser. He came to Mrinu and gave the Red Tant saree to her. Mrinu slowly shook her head...

Biren: (held her one ear and pulled lightly smilling all the way) Chup chap yeh pehen le. Abhi pitai lagaunga varna...

Mrinu didn't take it then also. She could be stubborn too for silliest of things... Biren hid his smile... after such a punishment he always had to invest enough energy to normalize her. She wont answer back, or even give any explanation. She just simply assumed her Bukku Da would decipher it on his own. And her "Abhiman" was bigger than Mount Kailash.

Biren: Achha abhi toh tere kapde nahi hai... aur teri Boudi bhi koi nahi hai. Use kya pata chalega?

Mrinu: Bola tha naa yeh sab aapki Bou(wife) ke liye hai... Maine unhi ke liye sab kitni mushkil joda hai... isme se nahi milega kuchh...

Biren: Achha tu yeh wala lele... Main tujhe aur naye kapde leke dunga meri Bou ke liye... Puri almari bhari padi hai.. Ek saree kam ho jayegi toh kya hoga... Jaa Amaar Puchchu Shona... (he wiped the last traces of tears and and straightened her hair.)

Jaldi taiyar hoja phir tujhe kisi se milwana hai...

Mrinu: Kis se?

Biren : Fresh hoke aa pehle, phir milwata hu...

Sometime later....

Biren: Yeh lo aagayi Mrinu... Mrinu and family meet my son Bukku Ganguly.... I mean Byomkesh Ganguly... Bukku Sab ko Pranam karo beta...

 Jumped from his lap and ran to touch everyones feet, while the thing that Biren noticed is that Mrinu was stricken and nervously looked at Shubhra kakima and Cheeni. And then stood there wringing her hands. And Biren thought....

BULL'S EYE!