Rishta

In the study...

Moloy: Biren jab tere baba zinda they, woh mazak kiya karta tha ke Cheeni aur Tumhari shadi karke hum samdhi ban jayenge. Par uske jaane ke baad main iss baat ko bhul hi gaya tha. Abhi kuchh din pehle Shubhra ne yeh baat yaad dilai toh mujhe yaad aayaa.. Choyonika bhi iss rishte se razi hai.. Razi kya bohot khush hai. Tum toh jante hi ho ki woh tumhe bachpan se hi bohot pasand karti hai. Balki woh toh Mrinu se bhi chidh jaati thi agar woh tumhare kamre ke zyada chakkar lagati thi toh. Par woh uska bachpana tha. Ab uski padhai khatam ho gayi hai aur mujhe laga ke yahi sahi waqt hai tumse yeh baat karne ka...

Meri bhi ab umar ho rahi hai aur main jald se jald yeh shadi karwana chahta hu beta. Toh batao tum kya sochte ho iss bare mein.

Biren: Kaku main abhi kuchh bhi sochne ki halat mein nahi hu. Mujhe John Hopkins University se offer ayaa tha unki research department mein kaam karne ka, but i had to say no because main jab tak Mrinu ko nahi dhund leta main kuchh bhi sochne ya karne ki halat mein nahi hunga. Mera usse milna aur yeh apni aankho se dekhna ki woh surakshit hai, khush hai apni duniya mein bohot zaruri hai mere peace of mind ke liye. Iss se pehle main kuchh sochne ki halat mein nahi hu kaku. Please, I hope kam se kam aap meri baat samjhenge.

Moloy: Main samajhta hu beta... but iss baat ko 4 saal ho gaye hai... aur main nahi samajhta..

Choyonika: (entering the study with cofffee for all of them) Exatly Baba, Mrinu toh apni zindagi mein maze kar rahi hogi. Use toh humari koi parwah nahi, toh hum kyu apni zindagi ko rok ke baithe rahe. Hume bhi aage badh jana chahiye. Uski zindagi mein toh kuchh nahi ruka huya hoga humare liye. Aap hi Biren ko samjhiye zara...

Biren: Choyonika, Tum aise insaan se shaadi kaise kar sakogi jiska khayal, dhyan and priority kahi bhi tum exist nahi karti. Because its filled already with someone else. And as I remember you from 4 years ago, tumhe kisi bhi cheez mein number 2 priority banna pasand nahi. Toh tum aise pati se kaam kaise chalaogi. And yes right now Mrinu is my only concern. Par haa woh mujhe mil jaaye and main yeh jaan lu ke woh theek hai apne pati and parivar ke sath then maybe...

Biren was intently watching Cheeni, what he was looking for no one could guess but Cheeni took it as flattery to her beauty. She was indeed a very beautiful girl and of course men could hardly look away from her. Biren got hit late by her beauty may be but he was attracted and that was all she had waited for all these years from him....

In Biren's Room....

Biren was packing the football and few of his other childhood toys for Bukku and then he thought he will pick up some candy, chocolates, cakes and cookies to fatten up the boy. Boy's of his age should have loads of these things tucked up in their secret places. His brother and Biren both always had a stack of unhealthy food stuff under their bed... He was still smiling when the phone rang...

Robi: Hello! I have called up to say, a special thanks to you. The mother is totally alone and just 22 or 23 years old yaar. Thank God I thought to proactively to ask for help from you, you can't imagine the relief on her face. She couldn't even speak a word. Just folded her hands and cried and cried for so long. I couldn't watch it, she was crying silently but i felt so much affected by it all that i left her in my office and send my elderly nurse to pacify her. Poor girl yaar. You were so

Generous yaar Biren. Thank you so much. Poor girl really needed this... And Bukku cant seem to stop talking about you. Only he slept before his Mimi came.... Kal dekhna subah se teri hi baaten shuru kar dega. Bukku ka toh hero ban gaya hai uska Bondhu.

Robi talked for some more time about various cases and their old school friends... And then Biren was about to switch off the light when he heard the light knock...

Biren: Come in please...

Cheeni: Woh maine socha ke main pani ka jug rakh aau, Kahi aap ko raat ko pyaas lagi toh?

Biren was 27 years old, and he did not reach his age without few girls trying to get into his bed unannounced to get his attention. Most of them knew him to be rich, accomplished and famous. Also lot of them had Dollar signs lit in their eyes. Biren had seen them all with a bit of detachment and part amusement, like now. And then as ever he thought of his Mrinu. Always shy and nervous around boys. If ever any boy looked at her for a few seconds longer than necessary she would go hide.

And here Cheeni came to his room in very expensive and very strategically revealing slik and lace nightgown. Her hair left open to hang and carefully made messy just to give it a sultry look. Her make was a course meal effort... lipstick, mascara, eye shadow all done up to the professional level. Biren deliberately sat back to give his posture a relaxed and approachable look. His instincts always said something for this girl. But since he has come back something in his head kept on hammering Cheeni's repulsion at Mrinu's mention. Her eyes had a strange restlessness in them and she just wanted the Mrinu topic to vanish somehow. As if she was nervous, as if she knew something ..... Biren made up his mind... and let the game begin...