Chapter 46

January 17, 2018

Hadley's POV

»Tokyo, Japan«

After my long flight from Orlando to Tokyo, I was dead tired and just wanted to get to Kenny's to sleep. I grabbed my bags from the baggage claim before beginning my search for Kenny. We quickly found each other and hugged.

"Hey Kenny." I smiled.

"Hi Hadley." He smiled back. "It's been months, how've you been?" He asked as we let each other go and began to walk through the airport toward the exit.

"I've been great, can we talk about something though?"

His smile fell, he knew what was coming.

"He asked. You know I'm not the type to turn friends away."

I knew he wasn't going to argue with me, especially in public, so I decided to drop it. Whether I liked it or not, Adam was staying and I couldn't do anything about it except ignore him.

Before I knew it, we were in his car and driving to his place. It was mostly silent on my part despite Kenny's attempts at small talk.

"I picked up those Japanese sodas you like."

I hummed in response, not really wanting to talk.

"And those chips."

"I don't even like them."

"I know, but I do." He laughed, trying to lighten my mood.

"Can we just not talk?" I asked, making Kenny's smile disappear.

"Oh uh... yeah sorry." He mumbled.

The rest of the car ride was quiet except for Kenny humming along to the radio. We arrived at his place a while later and got out of his car. I opened the trunk and grabbed my bags before following him inside.

Much to my disappointment, Adam was already there, as well as Matt and Nick. I caught up to Kenny and punched him in the arm, looking for answers.

"They're not staying." Was all he said before disappearing into the other room.

I set my bags off to the side of the room before sitting in a chair and pulling out my phone, trying me best to avoid any type of conversation with the three still in the room. I shot a quick text to Braun telling him that I landed and was at Kenny's before noticing Matt get and Nick get up from their seats and exit the room.

"Can we talk?"

I looked up from my phone to see Adam staring at me with a concerned look on his face.

"I'm not interested." I mumbled, turning to face away from him.

"Well at least take your birthday present."

"I thought you told Kenny that you'd behave." I snapped, looking at him. His face showed hurt and he sunk into his seat again.

"I was just trying to -."

"I'm not interested in listening to anything you have to say, please leave me alone. If you want to annoy me, do it tomorrow when I have the energy to at least think about punching you in the face."

He nodded before standing.

"Well, goodnight then." He said before leaving the room just as the bucks entered again.

"See you tomorrow." They said to Adam before leaving completely. Kenny entered the room soon later with a pillow and blanket for me.

"Here ya go, hon." Kenny said, placing them on the end of the couch for me.

"Thanks." I said as he sat down in a recliner in the room. I tossed the pillow at the end of the couch and began to unfold the blanket when he began talking.

"He's just trying to be civil."

"Mhmm."

"And you won't even accept his birthday present?"

"If I do he'll get ideas of how much "I love him still" and "maybe she still has feelings for me" and I don't want that. I don't have any good feelings toward him and I most certainly don't love him anymore. I've moved on and he should to."

"Moved on? To who?"

"I'm surprised Adam or the bucks haven't told you yet." I rolled my eyes. "I like Braun Strowman... like a lot."

"And he...?"

"He likes me back." I said, blushing. Kenny smiled and leaned down to hug me.

"That's great! I'm happy for you." He said standing straight again. "Are you guys...?"

"Dating? No."

"And what does Seth think?" He chuckled, most likely already knowing.

"He's happy for us too."

"That's great!" Kenny smiled.

"Other than the UK incident and mine and Braun's date the other night, nothing too exciting has happened."

"UK incident?"

"It's in the past, we're cool now."

"Who's cool?"

"I'll tell you tomorrow." I waved him off. "I'm tired now."

"Ok, goodnight." He laughed patting my arm. "Oh uh... I've got plans tomorrow morning so you're on your own for a bit with Adam tomorrow unless he's doing something." He added before getting up and quickly walking out of the room, leaving me alone.

"Fucking great." I groaned sarcastically. "The last thing I want to happen..." I trailed off, turning the tv off, assuming Adam wasn't going to join me in the room again. Unfortunately...

Adam re-entered the room, this time sitting in the recliner.

"Mind if I change the channel?" He asked, pointing at the TV.

"I don't care."

"Well, could I have the remote?" He chuckled. "I think Nick left it over there."

I huffed and sat up to search for the remote. After finding it between the cushions, I tossed it his way before laying down and scrolling through Instagram.

"Thanks." He offered a smile before beginning to flip through the channels. "So uh, did you have fun in the UK?"

"I thought you were gonna watch TV." I mumbled.

"I thought we could talk too."

"I thought I told you to bug me tomorrow."

He was silent after that and I smiled, satisfied with the silence. A short time later I feel asleep with the dreaded thought of being alone with Adam in the morning, fresh in my mind.