Chapter 16

December 31, 2017

Hadley's POV

»Wolverhampton, England«

Trent had finished his lecture and made us all breakfast. We were sat at the dining room table. Both Tyler and Pete we're keeping quiet, still embarrassed of the events that had happened just an hour ago. I was quiet as well, somewhat annoyed at the events of the night before, and Trent, he was just as content as could be.

"Hadley, you haven't touched your food, are you alright?" Trent asked.

"Yes dad." I rolled my eyes. Both Tyler and Pete tried to hold in a laugh at my statement. Trent rolled his eyes but didn't respond. "I just don't want to eat this gross vegan shit."

"Well-."

"Yeah yeah. I'm vegan while I'm here. I know, you don't have to tell me again."

"Then eat up." He said before I rolled my eyes and pushed it Pete's way.

"I'll sneak off and get something later."

"You're going now?!" Tyler asked, hopeful.

"If it's not too childish." I said looking Trent's way.

"Come on Hadley." Trent said, sighing. "I'm sorry."

"No you're not Trent. You keep doing it. Maybe I need to tell you to stop acting like my father."

"Well-."

"Guys." Tyler said. "I'm not going to deal with another lecture or argument this morning. Can't I eat my breakfast in peace?"

"I -." Trent began before Tyler cut him off.

"I don't want to hear it. You," He said looking at Trent. "Stop treating Hadley like a child. And you," He said turning to me. "You do make some childish decisions, Hadley. You still need to make up your mind about many things as well."

"Shut up Ty." I rolled my eyes.

"No! You need to decide whether you're going ice skating or not and whether you like Pete or not." He said. I glanced at Pete to see he was already looking at me with hurt in his eyes. He slouched in his chair and folded his arms across his chest.

"This has been the most dramatic trip I've had here. Are you three on your periods or something?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Pick, Hadley." Tyler said.

"No!" I said standing up as well. "I'm not going to go ice skating and I don't like Pete!" I said before looking to Pete. "Pete I -."

"Then what have you been doing? Stringing me along like this? I'm not some toy Hadley." He said standing up before walking to his room, leaving the three of us at the table.

"Nice going Hadley." Tyler said.

"Me? Are you insane? You were the one that said -."

"Well someone had to say something. You were never going to talk about it again if Trent or I hadn't brought it up."

"You're a real dick Tyler."