Chapter 9

December 29, 2017

Hadley's POV

»Liverpool, England«

Progress Wrestling:
Millie McKenzie & Pete Dunne
vs.
Hadley Payge & Tyler Bate

Tyler and Mille were currently in the ring while Pete and I were standing at our corners. Tyler had Millie on his shoulders and began to spin. As he did this I looked from them to Pete and held my middle finger up at him, mouthing 'fuck you Dunne'. I had been bugging him ever since the match started. He glared before saying,

"Oh very funny." He stepped between the ropes as Tyler put Millie down and briskly walked over to me, pointing his index finger at me.

"I'll snap those digits of yours, Hadley."

"Best get that finger out of my face before I snap yours first." I smirked.

Tyler noticed us before picking Millie up again and using her to hit Pete, knocking him out of the ring. He hit her with his finisher before pinning her and getting the win for us. I stepped between the ropes and high-fived Tyler before grabbing his wrist and holding his hand up. The announcer declared us the winners before we all walked back behind the curtain as the crowd cheered us.

"Great match guys." Tyler smiled at Pete and Millie.

"Thanks you guys were great too." Millie smiled at Tyler and I.

"Pete you alright, mate?" Tyler asked. I looked at Pete and he looked zoned out.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm alright. I'll catch up with you guys later." He said before quickly walking away, leaving us wondering.

"Wonder what's wrong with him." Tyler said before shrugging. "Oh well, I'll figure it out eventually. I'll see you guys in about an hour?"

"Yeah." Millie and I said. Tyler smiled and nodded before walking away as well. Millie and I walked to the woman's locker room and freshened up.

"What do you think Pete's problem is?" Millie asked me.

"Beats me. He could be pouting about anything at this point." I shrugged as I finished stuffing my gear into my bag.

Meanwhile....

Braun's POV

»Chicago, Illinois —> Milwaukee, Wisconsin«

I finished getting my things together and grabbed all my bags before walking out of the hotel room. I walked to the elevator and waited, hoping no one was on it. It arrived seconds later and, just my luck, a nervous looking man was stood in the middle of the elevator. I sighed before steeping in, dragging my bags behind me, pressing the lobby button. The elevator stopped on the lobby floor and both him and I got out. I walked to the front desk and checked out before going out to my car. I put my bags in the trunk before leaning on the car and pulling my phone from my pocket. I saw a text from Alexa and opened it.

Alexa: Caught a ride with Nia see you at the show.

I rolled my eyes at her text and decided to text Seth.