Chapter 2

December 26, 2017

»Chicago, Illinois«

I rolled over and growled, closing my eyes. I had forgotten to close the curtains last night and the sun was currently blinding me. I got out of bed and whipped them shut before turning and flopping face-down on my bed.

"Hadley, are you awake?" I heard banging on the door. I lifted my head, glaring at the door.

The banging continued as I growled and got up, I hit the door once, in annoyance, before opening it. I was met face to face with Seth Rollins again.

"Good morning." He smiled walking in, one hand held a brown paper bag while the other held a drink holder, holding two coffees.

"It was." I growled, closing the door behind him. He sat on the foot of the bed as I sat in the chair in the small room.

"Oh come on babe, I brought you breakfast. I got your coffee how you like." He smiled grabbing it and handing it to me. I nodded as a thank you before taking a sip. My face instantly showed disgust as I swallowed the drink, I handed it back before speaking.

"First of all, that is not how I like my coffee. Secondly, stop calling me babe." I glared at him.

"Oh wrong coffee." He said ignoring the first part of what I said. He took a sip of my actual coffee before handing it to me. I looked at it in disgust.

"Suddenly I don't want coffee." I stayed, setting it on the on the table next to the chair.

"Why?" He asked looking at it on the table.

"You put your lips on it, I don't know where they've been. I don't want a disease."

"You're being ridic-." He began before a light knock on my door grabbed both Seth's and my attention. I stood from my seat and walked to the door, fully opening it.

"Hello Hadley." Braun smiled down at my small figure.

"Braun." I said. "How can I help you?"

"Well I brought you this but I see you have one already." He smiled.

"Oh uh, thank you." I said taking it from his hand. He smiled as our fingers brushed as I took it. I chose to ignore it. "Would you like to uhm, maybe join Seth and I for breakfast?"

"Really?" He asked.

"Seth? Yes really, we're friends. Join us? Yes as well, if you'd like."

"I mean I guess." He said, I moved to the side to allow him in the room. He walked inside and stood awkwardly near the bed as I closed the door behind him.

"Braun, how are you?!" Seth greeted Braun, he smiled awkwardly at Seth, grasping his hands together behind his back.

"Fine." Braun said.

"Sit anywhere." I said before placing the coffee Braun had gotten me on the table and grabbing the breakfast sandwich Seth had gotten me. Braun sat next to Seth on the foot of the bed.

"Would you like this? I don't want it." I asked Braun. He looked at it before taking it from me.

"...Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"You didn't want it?" Seth asked, as Braun unwrapped the sandwich.

"I might grab something before I go to the gym." I informed them.

"When are you going to the gym?" Braun asked before taking a bite of the sandwich.

"Eleven. Then I have to be back here, shower, pack my things, catch my flight to Orlando, and pack for the two weeks I'm in the United Kingdom."

"Wow." He said, seeming shocked.

"After the U.K., I have a few shows here before I leave for a month to Japan."

"A month?" Seth asked. "But-."

"Yes."

"Do you have your own place in Japan?" Braun asked, full of curiosity.

"No." I said. "I stay with a friend of mine while I'm there. I also stay at friend's places while I'm in the U.K." I explained. "Although, I am working to get my own place in Japan. I spend a great deal of my time there after all, and spend the other half of my time between here and the U.K. Being a part timer has its perks, traveling the world, wrestling new people... it's all amazing."

"Who's your favorite opponent?" Braun asked.

"Man you ask a lot of questions." I said, starting to regret inviting him in.

"Sorry." He said putting his head down nervously. I sighed before glancing at Seth and back to Braun.

"It's a tie between Will Ospreay and Kenny." I said answering Braun's question. "Now. If you don't mind," I said walking to my bag to grab a change of gym clothes, "I have elsewhere to be. Time to go." I said, grabbing Seth's arm and dragging him to the door and opening it. "Braun, if you could." I said motioning him to leave my hotel room. He nodded and got up, both him and Seth left and I closed the door behind them.

"Can I come with you?" I heard a voice say through the door. I opened it to see Braun.

"I suppose. Meet me in the lobby, we leave in five." I said sternly before closing the door. I changed into my gym clothes, put together my gym bag and grabbed a water bottle from the vending machine in the hall before taking the elevator to the lobby. I took a seat and waited for Braun. He walked out of the elevator minutes later and I stood to greet him.

"I said five, not fifteen." I said sternly, looking up at him. "You're lucky I didn't leave."

"Sorry." He said.

"I'm sure." I said sarcastically before grabbing my bag from the floor. "Let's go." I said as I walked past him. He followed me to my car and I unlocked it, throwing my bag in the back seat. He put his back in the backseat as well, before getting in the passenger seat and I in the driver's seat.

"I like your car. It's-."

"Thank you." I said. "I'd prefer if we didn't engage in small talk though."

"Right sorry." He said quietly. I drove to the gym and parked the car in the lot. I turned the car off and got out, closing the driver's door and opening the back door to get my bag. Braun had done the same before we began walking toward the building. I pressed the lock button on my keys as we walked inside.

"I would like if you didn't try to talk to me while we are here. I'd like to focus." I said, opening the door and walking into the building.

"Oh... ok." He said, following behind me. I put my headphones on and turned on my music before beginning to work out. We stayed there for a couple of hours before I collected him and we went back to the hotel. I went to my room and unlocked the door, setting my bag on my bed before walking to the bathroom to shower. After, I got dressed and packed my bags, making sure I got all of my belongings before slipping on my shoes and putting my phone in my pocket. I brought my bags to the lobby and checked out before getting to my car, putting my bags in it and driving to the airport.