6. Breakfast Breakdowns

Weiss POV

I went to the kitchen where Ruby was and I see her starting to make breakfast.

"Do you want waffles?" She asks.

"Um, yes please" I nodded.

I sit on the bar stool in front of the kitchen island counter and watch Ruby cook.

I seriously wanna ask her about before, but I don't wanna make her angry again...

A while later she finishes making two waffles and hands them over to me with the syrup.

"Thank you"

"No problem" she says not making eye contact with me as she turns back around to make hers. Her face expressionless.

"Ruby..."

"..."

"Ruby, please turn around and face me."

She doesn't turn and all I see is just her back towards me. She's seriously starting to piss me off.

"Ruby Rose!" I raised my voice at her, slamming my hands on the counter.

Ruby finally turns around and she has tears in her eyes. Why is she crying!?

"R..Ruby! What's wrong?" I get up and walk over to comfort her.

"I'm... I'm sorry Weiss..." she breaks down and hugs me tightly, sobbing on my shoulder. Her crying hurts me...

"It's okay.. sshhhh, hey Ruby. Everything is going to be okay" I say trying to calm her.

Were kind of in an awkward position, due to her being taller than me, but I guess she doesn't mind. I rub her head and ears knowing that calms her down. She starts to calm down and stops crying, she then lifted her head up so I could see her. Tears are still rollin down her cheeks.

"Please tell me what's wrong" I ask her softly.

"...I didn't mean to sorta attack you earlier.. I thought I was the one being attacked. I wake up easily to noise, not even the slightest touch, lights, anything. And it scares me because... because of something that happened when I was little.." Ruby cried.

I hugged her tightly now. This wolf faunus needs protecting and cared for.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened or just wait?" I asked not trying to pry my way into her personal stuff.

She shook her head no and just wants to wait.

After her breakdown she finishes making her breakfast and then we both ate in silence. We then went to her couch and decided to watch a movie. I lied her head on my lap so I can comfort her more by rubbing her ears.

We were halfway through the movie, then Ruby spoke up,

"My mom was killed when I was only 5 years old."

To be continued...