Inner Self

🌖

After days, the skinny dog she secretly fed when in town had become quite fond of her. He had selected his human and followed her home to the farm. At first, her grandfather was opposed to the idea of a street dog living on their farm because of behavioral issues and cost. Justice didn't care she wanted to have Walle, the dog, by her side, so she convinced her grandfather there would be no problems and she would take full responsibility for him. Walle had proven himself over time that he was useful in rounding up the cattle and warding off unwanted visitors of two legs and four. He was strong willed, protective, and had a gentle temperament with everyone who lived on the farm.

If anything, he made her job easier on the farm apart from becoming her friend. She was glad to have some friends, Sugar and Walle, the most loyal friends she could ask for. 

She wouldn't know how much time to spread through her day for human friends with a milkmaid's work, schooling, and the time she spent on her hobbies. Being different from others wasn't necessarily an awful thing. It verified who really cared about her. Justice embraced who she was. Creative with herself gave herself away to adventures. She didn't notice all the made-up games her mother played when they were not working at home. They were what influenced that creative spark. Alike her mother, the most nature-loving person she knew, connected with nature, was a daily reminder that they take the road less traveled. They follow their hearts more than their doubts. Such people would push the world forward.

She and her mother were one and the same. On an off day, she wondered if she and her father also shared some characteristics.  Was he young in spirit like her mother? Is that why they were together or why they were apart? She wondered a lot about her father, who he was, where he was, and why he wasn't with them.