The Unimportant Section

"I don't want to get up..."

   Mabel sighed, turning to her brother. "Well, you have to," she said. She turned back to what she was doing after she said this, trying to remain focused on folding the sweaters she had set out on her bed. 

   The room was bright with the welcoming sunshine, which spilled in through a large window that sat perfectly in the middle of the back wall, between their beds. It lit up the whole room. Mabel smiled and hummed as she worked away, enjoying the brightness of the room, while Dipper shoved his head under a pillow.

   He'd slept awfully. He didn't want to get up. He felt like crap. More sleep felt like a better choice than just bearing with the headache he had woken up with. There was no school that day, why couldn't he sleep in?

   "Come on, Dip. You know that you would start scolding yourself as soon as you woke up for wasting the day away. You've literally told me countless times to not let you sleep in, so here I am, doing as you've told me. Now get up and help me clean the room, they're supposed to be here tomorrow."

   "Who?"

   Mabel gave him a look over her shoulder. Dipper gave her a confused look, peering out from under the pillow at her, before he shot out of bed and began freaking out.

   "Oh gods, I never thought I'd be so opposed to them coming back in my life. I mean, I still want them to come, but so much has changed this time! What if they still notice? Look at my hands, Mabel!," he stressed, jamming them into her face. She jolted back in surprise, than carefully took them and examined his wrists. 

   "Um. You got some new tattoos? I mean, yeah, Ford would probably be pretty upset."

   "No— Uh, yeah, I did, but it was kind of a stupid idea. The twins pressured me into it before they leave, but I think they don't realize Ford might think it's like a curse marking or something."

   "Oh, yeah, that was kind of stupid wasn't it. Grunkle Ford's, like, extremely paranoid, Dip. He'll be on you faster than I can eat a bag of gummy koalas if he saw them! Hehe, he's crazy."

    "Mabel, this is serious, he could... link it to them, even. Since it's their colours? What would we do then?," Dipper pleaded, beginning to have a small freak-out.

   "As serious as their love for you? Because if so, then Mabel will definitely get right on a solution."

   "That isn't funny, Mabel."

   Mabel only grinned and went back to her sweater folding.

   "Well, I guess maybe you could wear gloves? Bandages? Or...," Mabel held up a sweater, "wear a sweater with long arms..."

   Dipper shook his head. "I'll... just try to keep my hands in my sleeves. Ugh, I shouldn't have freaked out. Whatever, it was probably just because of the dream I had last night..."

   Mabel's inquisitive look was a signal for him to continue, so he did. It would make him feel better to talk about it anyway.

   "I, uh... I had a dream that they got caught, and... F-Ford tried to kill them. In the dream... the thing they did was way worse than what they said and... Ford tortured and killed them right in front of us, saying it was to save the world from what they could do." Dipper kept having to remind himself that, yes, while he needed to confide in his sister for the sake of his mental health at the moment, he still needed to keep Bill and Will's actual involvement with him hidden.