Roses Castle

The assistant stood before me. His hand tucked into his pockets, his hair black as a starless night. It was roughly done and one lock of hair over his sea-blue eyes. He had a sharp-angled nose and a strong jawline.

He was wickedly handsome as if he was made by magic itself. He wore a black shirt where I could see hints of muscular muscle beneath it and he had two iron swords at his back with cold silver handles, it was sharp and ancient which seemed as if it could cut through almost anything.

He shuffled his hair and glared at me through his locks of hair and his two sharp eyebrows knitted together forming a frown. " I'm Ethan." He said his voice hard as a rock and his lips pressed together forming a thin line.

" I'm..." I spoke out gathering my courage to speak. He wavered his hand over my face." I know who you are Riana." He said and crossed his arms tight.

I pursed my lips staring up at him. This man had an attitude. I shifted my weight to the left side of my leg stared at him with all the disapproval I had but he seemed to not notice it instead he stared over my head.

Well, I just had bad luck getting assistance.
He squinted and looked back at me as if he just realized I was there.

" So the rules are pretty simple. " He breathed out. " You are not allowed to harm anyone until the fire alarm rings. Your power should not kill any of the staff including me."
He puts his finger on his chest. " if you are done with the training and adjusts to the game ill finally go away. Other details are on this paper you can have a look." He flung it over to me.

I read a few lines. There were a few more additional rules but nothing was much important. " So when do we start the training?" I asked as I handed the paper back to him. " Whenever you are free." He mumbled.

I jumped as he suddenly drew his sword out and walked towards the large wooden gate stranding me alone. Where was he going? Wasnt he supposes to help me?

" so arrogant" I muttered under my breath. Why had they given me such an annoying, dogmatic, angry assistant? I breathed out heavily my chest falling. What choice did I have? I scolded myself. I had to just go on with it.

"I heard that." He scowled still walking towards the door. I hated the fact he had overheard it and I was angry at myself for letting my cheeks to bloom red.

He paused his steps and looked at me over his shoulders. " Aren't you coming? Everyone's already gone." He narrowed his eyes at me.

I blushed again and quickly, ran towards him l. Stupid arrogant making me look stupid.
.....................................

I went through the gate and found myself again in a maze of participants still moving about. They seem to hold a piece of paper in their hands I squinted to have a closer look.

Then I heard a growl from my right. "Where are you going?" It was Ethan still muttering under his breath. " Come on follow me." He held my thin wrist under is his stronghold. I flinched but remained silent and followed his lead.

We swam through the crowd dodging like a basketball player until we reached the main opening of the tue castle. There stood young beautiful women. I swore under my breath. Why was everyone so pretty here?.

Her golden, curly locks of hair came down to her waist like a flowing river and her bright, crystal eyes shone in the night. Her eyes dropped on us. On Ethan to be precise.
Her lips curled into a mysterious smile as she saw us approach closer.

" Hi, Ethan." She gave him a flirtatious grin and her eyes shifted towards me, her eyes furrowed but then it disappeared very quickly like a wisp of smoke and her girn returned. " And hi to you young lady." She winked at me.