《Ch.4》+ Preview Art

Start from the beginning

Spinel didn't know what those were though they sounded very fun. Everything in this store looked fun. On the floor, the tiles were different colors, but something stood out more against one of the blue tiles. Kneeling down, Spinel picks up a pink strand of hair? "I found this. It looks like hair." 

Steven examines it and raises a brow, "That's fur. Actually a strand of Lion's mane. But what would Lion be doing with this stuff, why was he here at all?" He sighs and smiles at Mr. Smiley. "I think I know who took the supplies. We'll bring it all back once we find them. Don't worry." 

Mr. Smiley sighs in relief, "Thank goodness." 

The two head out and start calling out for Lion as they stroll along. 

"I wonder where he could be this time. Usually he's hanging out with Connie." Steven checks his phone and only got Connie's message. "She said she hasn't seen Lion in awhile, since a few days ago. What doesn't make sense is why would Lion want confetti and bubble wrap?"

Spinel shrugs at Steven and suddenly something pops on her nose. "Ah! What was that?" Her hand wipes off the faint soapy substance and her eyes see round floating things, actually they looked like bubbles gems use. 

"Bubbles? BUBBLES!" Steven grabs Spinel's hand and they run to follow the bubble trail. "That's probably where the party supplies went." 

While following the trail to a small forest like area, there were also colorful strings sticking everywhere. More specifically, Silly String. It didn't take long to get to their destination, though what they saw wasn't what they expected. 

An abandoned playground. 

This caught Spinel's interest immediately and her curiosity got the best of her as she steps into a merry-go-round. It moves and her eyes widen as she pushes more, going around in a circle. The spinning playground equipment creaks every time Spinel pushes to go faster. "Steven!" She whispers loudly with a big grin, waving for him to get on.

With a shrug, Steven gets on and they both laugh while Spinel spins the merry-go-round at a fast rate. 

Suddenly there's a pop from the silent area and being an abnormal to their laughs. Spinel stops the merry-go-round and the both of them look at the main playground area. 

A big play structure with many slides, bars, tunnels, and bridges connecting like a tiny castle. The noise had come from the very top where the outside looked like a castle tower.

Cautiously, Spinel and Steven climb up to the top, well more like Spinel stretching to get them both over to the area. 

"Hello?" 

Once climbing through the tunnel, their eyes meet something fluffy and pink. 

"Lion!" Steven cheers and crawls over to the pink lion. "Where have you been, Boo? Silly Lion." He hugs Lion's head as the big cat yawns. 

Something crunches under Spinel's foot and she stood, also kicking something away. A party popper and an empty bottle of bubbles. "Steven." The items are picked up and shown to the teen. 

"Okay. Lion. Where is the rest of the stuff?" Steven asked but the lion turns his head away stubbornly. As if saying that it wasn't Steven's business. "Lion." Steven tries to act tough on him. "Remember it's wrong to steal from someone, especially from a store." 

Lion glances at him and huffs while shaking his mane. 

"It's in your mane? Well, I guess we can take the stuff back. How did you even get these things in your mane?" That's what confused Steven.