Fifteen - We made a promise

This book is a sequel to New || Eddie Kaspbrak, so if you haven't read that first please do before continuing reading this
————————

Twenty Seven years ago we made a promise. That if IT wasn't truly defeated and ever returned we would come back to finally destroy the clown that haunts my dreams ever so often.

We also promised we would stay friends, best friends even and here I am, alone and cold, tossing and turning in my queen sized Bed with no one beside me.

I guess we truly lied to each other that day. My twelve year old self didn't exactly understand what life really meant and that forever was a hard promise to keep.

After that summer was when the losers club really started to fall apart.

Beverly left, to where god only knows, she never exactly told me but at the time I didn't seem to mind, the only complication that brought me was that I was the only girl the group.

The group was still strong at this point, Stanley and I were finally in 7th grade and the rest started 8th. We would hang out at the arcade or go to the quarry like what we did that summer.

Around the end of year however my parents divorced, Ben moved with Dad while I stayed in Derry with our Mom. I only stayed for one reason, for one person.

After the divorce I became a really closed off person. I only let one person in while the rest I pushed away.

Mike shortly, after I started 9th grade stopped showing up, I don't know where he went but it was sad because I didn't care.

By 10th grade, Richie and Bill who started 11th grade dropped out, and moved away, I guess they really wanted to leave Derry, I didn't blame them in all honesty.

Stanley and I graduated together but that afternoon Stanley left too.

It was only Eddie and I.

He graduated the year before me but he never left, we made a promise to each other that once I graduated, we would run away together, to a different state and start a new life away from Derry.

Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Promises, they really mean nothing don't they.

My mother became sick the day after graduation, I couldn't leave her here, by herself with no one else. Ben wouldn't come back, I knew him to well, I haven't seen him or spoken to him much since he left with dad. In the beginning after he left, he would send me post cards, a lot of them until I only got in once a year, but now I get nothing.

Seven years go by since we made that promise together, the blood oath that brought us all together which ended up leaving me with one person, until he went too.

Seven years after the blood oath my mother died. That's when I blocked everyone out, even Eddie.

Her funeral was the last time I saw Ben, My father and my Mother.

That day I knew I couldn't stay here anymore, that it was finally time to leave because in that moment I truly realised that this town has taken everything from me.

Flash back

"I can't stay here" I say to the boy standing in front of me with a shocked expression on his face.

"What do you mean?" He asked with his eyes wide.

"Here! Derry! I can't stay here anymore! It's taking everything from me, it took my childhood, it broke my parents marriage, it took my father and brother from me, it took all my friends and now it's taken my mother too, I have to leave Eddie" I cry out, trying hard to hold my tears in.