🎃this is halloween pt.2 | various x reader🎃

Start from the beginning

Yeah, right.

The crowd erupts with cheers from around me. Yuno and Leo nudge me to walk up on stage, but my body won't move. Surely, this is a prank. The way he spoke so highly of me... Maybe there's been a mistake.

Julius scans the audience for me and calls out, "(Y/n)? Are you out there? Your crown's waiting for you."

Forcing my legs into motion, I walk up the steps of the stage. Once I'm within everyone's sight, the crowd grows even louder. I'm not really used to this type of attention, so I just awkwardly wave at them all. Julius takes my hand and leads me to the center of the stage.

"(Y/n), is there anything you'd like to say before we announce the King?" he asks.

I fidget with my costume jewelry a little bit before interjecting, "I'm sorry if I almost set you on fire last year during my sugar rush. I'll make it up to you!"

My apology earns a wave of laughter, but I'm dead serious. I still feel terrible about that.

"Well said! It's now time to announce our Halloween King!" Silence engulfs the audience once again, allowing Julius to continue. "This year's King has proved time and time again what it means to be a Magic Knight. His leadership sets an idyllic example of bravery on the battlefield. Words will do no justice in thanking him for his service. Tonight, he racked up 42,173 points in minigames. During the trivia minigame, he placed 1st, earning an additional 900 points. He received 258 votes this year. Since he matched his squad this year, he earned an extra 500 points. Overall he's accumulated 43,831 points. So without further delay, I'd like to crown William Vangeance as our Halloween King!"

Once again, loud cheers fill the area and I unconsciously begin to clap my hands. Heat rises to my cheeks when I see the Golden Dawn captain, my captain, walking across the stage in his costume. He still has a mask on, but it's styled to match the Ancient Egyptian theme we have going on. He smiles that freakishly gorgeous smile of his once his eyes make contact with mine.

Marx presents both our crowns on two tasseled pillows. Each year, the theme of the crowns change. Last year, the crowns were platinum with bone-like engravings, mimicking a skeleton. This time, they're bronze with skull-shaped black diamonds. And if you looked closely, you could see pumpkin-shaped carvings within the alloy.

You're probably wondering why I wasn't crowned right after being called up on stage. Well, basically it's tradition for the King and Queen to crown each other. I never thought I'd actually get to do it though.

Captain William gracefully takes hold of my crown and lifts it up. Before placing it atop my head he discretely tells me, "You look gorgeous tonight...as always." With that, he steadily sets the bejeweled crown upon my head.

My eyes glimmer with admiration as numerous emotions hit me at once. Julius sends a nod my way, signaling that it's my turn. Taking a deep breath, I grab ahold of the second crown and lift it above William's head. I'm much shorter than him, so I have to get on my tippytoes. Despite my minor struggle, I successfully place the crown on his head. Once I'm standing on the souls of my feet again, I ask him, "Would it be too bold of me to say you look handsome, Captain?"

His eyes widen a bit and I could've sworn I saw him blushing, "N-no, I suppose there wouldn't be a problem with that."

"In that case, you look extremely handsome, sir."

I bet everyone was wondering what I said to make the William Vangeance so flustered, but luckily the crowd couldn't hear us. I guess they'll never know.

Julius chuckles at our little exchange and then announces, "Now that we've crowned our King and Queen, it's time for the real party to begin!"