🎃this is halloween pt.2 | various x reader🎃

Start from the beginning

"Yes, sir. They've been polished and locked away."

"Well then, all we have to do now is wait."

To be honest, I've never been a fan of parties. They're always too noisy and they tend to leave a mess behind. Last year, this area was cluttered with party decorations and reeked of booze. Captain Yami and Captain Jack even ended up in a drunken fight to the death. Julius broke it up before it got too serious, but still, someone could've been critically injured. And don't even get me started on (Y/n) and Leopold. Those two ran around with pumpkin masks and torches while screaming like madmen. Luckily, Captain Fuegoleon confiscated their torches after they nearly set someone on fire. Later that night, Julius announced there'd be open mic karaoke. Once again, (Y/n) and Leopold made a ruckus.

~Flashback~

(Y/n): SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS! WHO AM I TO DISAGREE??!!

Leopold: I'VE TRAVELED THE WORLD AND THE SEVEN SEAS! EVERYBODY'S LOOKIN' FOR SOMETHING!

~End of Flashback~

They did eighteen encores. No-one stopped them though, leaving me utterly disappointed. This year, however, they've definitely dialed it back. I guess they figured disruptive behavior could cost them a chance at being King or Queen.

A mage hands Julius a scroll containing the results.

"Everyone, may I please have your attention? The final results are in! So if you'd all kindly quiet down, I'd like to share them with you!" he declares.

(Y/n)'s Point of View:

"Everyone, may I please have your attention? The final results are in! So if you'd all kindly quiet down, I'd like to share them with you!"

Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit.

Yuno appears out of nowhere and stands beside me. He must've taken notice to my trembling because he asks, "Are you nervous?"

"W-what?! No...maybe...sort of- yeah, I'm nervous," I begrudgingly admit.

"Hm. Well, you shouldn't be."

"Really? Why not?"

"Bell snuck a peek at the results before the judges got their hands on them," he smirks, "Needless to say, you won't be disappointed."

"Huh?! But that's against the rules!" I fume, "Speaking of Sylph, where'd she go?"

He sighs and shakes his head, "She's looking for the prize money. But she's too tiny to steal it, so I'm not worried."

"Good point."

As I'm standing here, I feel a distant pair of eyes on me. I scan the crowd, but before I can shake off the feeling, a hand ruffles my already disheveled hair.

"Yo, (Y/n)! If you're crowned Queen this year, you'll take me to the Transylvanian Resort, right?"

I turn around and sure enough, Leo's standing before me with a grin on his face. "Leo? Where have you been, dude?!" I tackling him with a hug, nearly sending us to the ground.

"I was stuck in the haunted house for an hour, sorry," he sheepishly explains, "I nearly burned the place down out of fear."

I give him a high five, "That's the Leo I know!"

King Julius clears his throat and holds up the paper bearing the results. Everyone pipes down and focuses on the sound of his voice. This is the moment we've all been waiting for.

"This year's Queen has superbly performed her duties as a Magic Knight this month by successfully guiding her squad through several perilous missions. Her valiant efforts have saved the lives of thousands and we cannot thank her enough. Tonight, she racked up 40,000 points in minigames. During the trivia minigame (the author forgot to mention), she placed 3rd, earning her an additional 300 points. And as for her votes, she received 204 more votes than last year. The amount? 312. And since she matched with her squad, she received an extra 500 points. Overall, she's accumulated a total of 41,112 points. So now, without further ado, I'd like to crown (Y/n) (L/n) as our Halloween Queen!"