"That's because I threw it away" I cut him off

"Cassidy" Warren said, his voice empathetic

"It's a memory I'd rather forget, anyways" I replied

That picture was the last one taken before my Mom's death. It was just reminding me that I had forever lost the closest person to me. Maybe Warren did me a favor by ruining that picture.

After a few moments of silence, Warren took a deep breath, "All I want is for you to be close to me, but the only thing I seem to be doing is pushing you away. Despite what you think, I like having you around. You make me feel comfortable. But, everyone I've ever loved has been taken away from me. I don't want the same thing to happen again. Especially not to you"

My head was swimming. Did he really just admit that he likes having me around? I know I said that it would be better if I stayed away, but there was just something about Warren, I couldn't resist.

"Just say something, anything," Warren said, looking me in the eyes, his gaze pleading

"I-I'm sorry" was all I could say

"God Cassidy, none of this was your fault. Why the hell are you apologizing?"

"Because I pushed you away. I thought my friends were more important than you. I kept annoying you and trying to force you to be friends with the people I like instead of letting you have any time to yourself-"

He took my hand in his, his soft touch preventing me from continuing my rambling.

"None of this was your fault. I just have some personal things I need to work out. Old habits that I need to break. Your friends were right, I'm not in East Berlin anymore. Cage fighting rules don't apply here. I'm going to try to get myself in check. But...I might need someone to help me"

I felt a blush spread across my cheeks and I nodded my head in reply, hoping he didn't notice.

"As long as you want me to be around, I'll be here for you. Whatever you need" I promised

He let go of my hands and lifted the corner of his mouth a bit. I had never seen him smile fully and I wondered what it would look like.

"As much as I enjoy talking to you, I think we should probably start getting ready for bed" I said, heading towards the bathroom

"Tomorrow, you can sleep in. I'll stay with you and we can just relax. Maybe talk a little more" He offered hopefully.

I nodded once more and headed into the bathroom to change. I was glad that we had worked everything out. I really felt as though Warren and I had a connection. There was just something about him that made me feel safe. However, I didn't know if he felt the same way and I didn't want to push him too much. Besides, we had only known each other for 3 days and I didn't want to get too far over my head yet.

When I came out, ready for bed, I noticed that he had put on the same sweatpants from the day before and was shirtless once again.

"We really need to get you some new clothes," I chuckled

"Don't worry about that now. Just sleep"

I clicked the light off so the room was dark and made my way towards the bed where Warren was already lying. I hesitated and stood over the bed, unsure if he wanted me to get in or not.

"Cassidy, stop worrying about annoying me" Warren said as he patted the spot next to him "I like having you close"

I smiled even though he couldn't see it and slipped into bed next to him, not worrying about putting much space between us. I felt Warren run his hands gently through the hair that I hadn't bothered to put in a braid. Lying next to Warren felt right and I closed my eyes in content.