I turned to look at Arch, who looked sicker than ever. "Did you not notice anything?" I asked, partly hoping he had answers to everything, but he only shook his head again. "You should know if they're in danger!" I added, maybe a bit too harshly, but I couldn't control myself at that moment.

"We're all in danger all the fucking time!" he said, turning to look at me. "I can't tell the difference anymore!"

"Search the whole place!" Mom told the guards, and most of them hurried off. It was also when Rayleigh stormed into the room.

"What's going on?" he demanded to know, glaring at all of us. "Why are you all shouting at this hour?"

"We can't find Jaden or Oliver," Mom said, trying to keep her posture under his eyes, but failing at it.

His eyes widened in shock. "What?!"

"They're not here. I don't know where they are, or what happened to them," Mom spoke with a high-pitched voice.

"You're telling me that you lost my son?" Rayleigh spoke with muffled anger in his voice.

"Alpha – no one left this room. Neither of them stepped out during the night," a guard spoke, and Rayleigh turned to glare at him.

"What do you mean they didn't leave? They're not here!" he yelled at his face.

"No one has opened the door after they went to sleep, not until Huntress came to see them," the guard explained.

Rayleigh just stared at him, breathing heavily like he was having hard time containing his anger. Then, he turned to look at the room. "What about the window?"

"It can't be opened," Mom almost whispered. "There's... They may have been kidnapped..."

Rayleigh let out a rage-filled roar, making us all flinch, and turned his attention back to the guards. "What are you waiting for?! Go find my son!" he growled at the rest of the guards, and they all left in a hurry. "And get me a Spirit Walker, now!" he yelled after them, before he turned to look at us.

"No one noticed anything," Mom told him apologetically. "I was patrolling the hallways and wanted to check up on the kids, but the room was empty. I didn't see or hear anything out of the ordinary."

"There's only one way they could've left then," Rayleigh said, trying to hold back his rage.

This had to be a nightmare. This was not happening. How could they be gone? Where were they? Were they hurt? How? When? Why?!

"We need to go help search for them," I said, unable to stay put a second longer, but when I took the first step towards the door, Rayleigh grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, and pushed me back harshly.

"You two are not going anywhere," he said with a furious frown.

"We have to find them!" I told him, but he shook his head.

I turned my back on him, trying to take deep breaths to stay calm, but how was I supposed to stay calm?! Jaden and Oliver were gone! What if Anthony had them?! What if they were dead already?!

Arch noticed me panicking, so he hugged me with one arm, pressing me tightly against his chest. I could feel how powerless he felt as well. I felt so weak and useless and I couldn't stand it. I wanted to do something, anything to find them!

A short moment later, I could hear footsteps coming towards us, and Natalie stormed into the room. "They said Oliver is missing?!" she screeched when she stopped to a halt in the middle of the room, her eyes jumping from face to face until she noticed the empty beds. "Where is he?!"