17: This Will Hopefully Be The Last Ellsicle/Icy Pop Joke

Start from the beginning

We have to save Auradon.

I halt hesitantly, turning to the stone images of my friends surrounding me. Sera is frozen in the act of (I think) trying to pat my shoulder, a look of almost sisterly concern on her face.

"We'll get you free." I promise. "Hang tight!"

I fling my hands down, a spurt of ice bursting free from them and catapulting me into the air, over the trees, and into the back garden of Auradon Prep. Mal is soaring above in dragon mode, dodging blasts of pinkish lightning that are coming from the tallest tower. I notice two figures sprinting across the lawn, and I land next to them.

"Uma! Harry!" I say in surprise. "You're back! What are you---"

"She doesn't stand a chance without the ember!" Uma says frantically. "We need to reignite it!"

"HELP ME, MAL!" I hear Celia's voice, high above, and my jaw drops, panic shooting through my veins. Audrey must have her up there with her!

Another flash of lightning strikes Mal below her left wing, and she roars, falling from the sky.

"C'mon!" Uma says, running to intercept her. Harry and I follow her without hesitation, bounding across the grass. We stop in front of the little lily pond, and Mal barely catches herself before falling into it.

Uma reaches under her collar, pulling out her seashell necklace. It's glowing brightly, and for a bizarre moment I wonder if that's why she wanted to be close to a fountain. But instead, she shows it to Mal.

"We're stronger together!" Uma insists. "Stronger together! I'm right here, Mal! Regain your might and ignite!" She chants. "I'm right here, girl, I'm right here! Regain your might and ignite!"

Mal's dragon eyes crinkle like she wants to cry with gratitude, and she holds out the ember. It flickers brightly but once again goes out.

"No!" Uma snaps. "Regain your might and... ignite..." She turns to me, slowly, realization dawning on her. "Ignite! Use your fire!"

"Use my fire? On the stone?" I repeat. "Will that work?"

"It's your dad's ember, right?" Uma challenges. "We have to try something!"

"Okay." I raise my hands, and Mal lowers herself so the ember is just a few feet above me. Focusing only on the flickering stone, I center my flames so it fires in a straight line, thin as a laser. Within seconds, the ember is blazing bright as ever, and Mal's dragon lips pull apart in a grin.

"YES!" Uma cheers, grabbing me and jumping up and down. "Nicely done, Icy!"

I grin. "Hey, it was your idea. I never would've thought of it."

"We're not out of the woods yet." Uma says. "GO GET 'EM, MAL!"

Mal nods, raising herself slowly into the sky until she's higher than the tower. I hear Audrey laugh wickedly, and then a bolt of pink lightning launches at Mal. The ember intercepts it, putting out its own powerful torrent of blue magic. Mal's eyes, for the first time, are shining the same blue that I'm told mine do. Her magic slowly starts to creep down the line, Harry-Potter-battling-with-Voldemort-style.

"YOU GOT 'ER, MAL!" Harry whoops, punching his fist in the air.

"YOU'VE GOT THIS, GIRL!" Uma yells.

The beam of light shakes a bit, moving back towards Mal then back towards Audrey. I barely notice the increasing blood loss in my right arm from Uma's grip.

"YOU CAN DO IT, MAL!" I scream.

Mal roars once more, and with a high-pitched whining noise and a flash of light, Mal's blast of magic wins. 

_________________________________________

Okay I know I'm in high school and probably shouldn't be geeking out about this sort of thing, but: Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure is BACK and CASSANDRA'S MOM IS GOTHEL!?!?!??!?! WHAT!?!?!?!?

Sorry If I spoiled anything but SERIOUSLY AAAAH THIS IS INSANE!!! CASSANDRA WAS ABANDONED FOR RAPUNZEL, AND FLYNN'S A PRINCE, ARGH HOW MANY TWISTS WILL DISNEY GIVE US!?!?!?

ALSO VARIAN YOU LITTLE MARSHMALLOW I KNEW YOU WEREN'T EVIL!!!!!

*squeals*

Okay, one last thing: Homecoming is VERY soon, and I finally have shoes I can call appropriate for one night. Black shoes with these weird little silver rectangle shinys all over them. A little heel, with weird straps that go down the middle of my foot like sandals. I LOVE THEM. 

Now to figure out how to make my hair calm down from POOF to poof... ahahaha... this will be fun. 

(I say sarcastically)

Okie. Byeeeeee!!!