Chapter 8

Mahir's POV

The Baby kicked Mahir Ji... Bela said with joy evident in her voice.

Huh???

I didn't understand what she said, I'm actually so confused.

Even before I could process the inner meaning of her sentence, Bela held my hands and placed them on her abdomen.

I was shocked by her action.

Suddenly I felt some sensation under my plams. I looked at my hands. It was as if someone was knocking from the other side.

It took me a minute to understand the happenings of the past few minutes.

Bela is Pregnant. Now everything is clear her cravings, her mood swings and her weight gain was all because she's pregnant.

I looked at Bela shocked. Only to find her smiling with her eyes closed. She was mumbling something.

Bela is pregnant with Yuvi's Baby...

The reality hit me hard and I stood up immediately.

Bela looked up at me questioningly.

I just walked away from her.

I heard her call me but I ignored her calls.

Bela is pregnant...

I was hurt that she hadn't informed me about it.

Why???

Another question. But I have no answer to this too.

I felt betrayed.

So this is the reason Bela doesn't want to move on... She's isn't waiting for her Husband but actually her Baby's Father...

Something broke in me knowing about how much close Bela and Yuvi had been.

Of course, they would be close... They are married...

I looked up at the sky to find the moon and stars glowing.

I checked the time and realised that I had been here since 3 hours.

The moment I got to know the truth, I was going inside but stopped seeing the car. I took the keys from the driver and left. I didn't know where, but I drove away.

I think, I should go home now... All would be worried about me...

I returned home in half an hour.

The scenario in my house was actually expected. All were worried about my whereabouts. Maa was crying and what shocked me was Bela too was sobbing.

Mahir Bhai... Pratham spotted me at the door.

All rushed towards me.

Where were you Mahir/Bhai???

They asked but I just was busy looking at the person, who didn't bother to ask me about my whereabouts.

But then why was she worried and crying for me???

I'm fine... I said.

Mahir... What...

Maa was about to speak but Dad didn't let her speak.

Let's have dinner... Suhani said.

I am not hungry... I walked to my room and locked it not caring about anyone who called me.

____________________