My heart was breaking as he was explaining himself to me. I just hated hearing him sound so sad. He always had a happy tone and I wanted to hear that. His happy Irish voice never failed to put a smile on my face.

“I love you so much Ally, you’re the best sister anyone could ever ask for and I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you the way I did.”

“Niall you didn’t-”

“Yes I did.” He interrupted. “I hurt you enough to make you not want to sleep under the same roof as me. And honestly, I don’t blame you one bit. I blame myself completely.”

“Niall it’s alright, I was fine.” I said as I turned to look at him.

“Sure you were fine but anything could have happened to you, it’s not safe at night, and I couldn’t sleep knowing you were gone. When I said you looked like a prostitute or something like that, I didn’t mean it I swear.”

I felt my cheeks begin to burn because even though he didn’t know my past, what I did was pretty close to prostitution, and I feel embarrassed that he could have thought that. Thankfully it was pretty dark in the room and my cheeks aren’t visible.

“What I really meant to say is that, I don’t think you know just how beautiful you are. So many guys look at you and are immediately attracted to you and it scares me. I was scared that some guy kidnapped you or took advantage of you or anything!”

“Niall I understand and I forgive you. Heck, I forgave you the second you said anything to me, I guess I was just scared to face you. I didn’t want to face you knowing that you were ashamed of me.” I said hesitantly.

“I don’t want you to ever be scared of me. I don’t want you to have to hide anything from me or be nervous to tell me anything. No matter what I will always love you, you’re my sister and I’ll always be there for you and I will never be ashamed of you.”

I scootched closer to him, linking my arm with his. I rested my head against him as he continued to speak.

“When you first walked through the door a couple weeks ago I was so happy and I still am. But I immediately felt as though I had to protect you because you were so pretty.”

I laughed as he unlinked his arm from mine and wrapped that same arm around me.

“I don’t care how old you are, I will always be worried about you and I’ll always want to know where you are. It’s just part of my brotherly role.”

I nodded knowing that what he was saying was true. I know that he will always be slightly protective of me.

“Like I was saying, when you first walked through the front door the first thing I noticed was how pretty you are. And there are so many crazy people out there who look around for beautiful girls like you and I don’t even want you lose you to some creep.”

“Niall, I understand but, I can take care of myself you know?”

“I know but I like it better when I take care of you because it reassures me that you’re ok.”

I smiled lightly at his words. It was nice knowing how much he really cared for me.

“I love you Niall, and I know you’re sorry and I forgive you.”

“I’m not done though; I have a lot to apologise for.”

I nodded, knowing that even if I objected to him he would still continue to apologise.

“I lost you from my life once and I never want to lose you again. When you left and didn’t come back all night, I nearly lost it. The fact that I drove you away from me killed me and I never want that feeling again.”

“I’ll never do it again.” I said confidentially.

“I want you to know that I am so proud to call you my sister and when I said that I was embarrassed of you, I didn’t mean it. I don’t even know where it came from. If anything, I want the whole world to know who you are, but I know you don’t want the media to find out yet.”

“So you aren’t ashamed of me? And you still want me in your life?” I know he pretty much explained that to me but I feel as though I need to hear him say it.

“Of course I’m not ashamed. I love you with all my heart and nothing can come between us now, I never want to lose you ever again.”

“Thank you Niall for everything. Thank you for letting me live with you and putting up with me all this time, but can we just put this behind us. I don’t want this in the way of our relationship.” I asked letting a yawn escape my lips.

“Ok let’s do that, now sleep you must be exhausted. I don’t even want to know where you slept because I’ll just get madder at myself.” He said laughing slightly as he was starting to move from the bed.

I held onto his arm not letting him move.

“Ni, can you stay?”

He smiled sympathetically at what I had asked and nodded tucking himself in bed next to me.

I rested my head on his chest as I shut my eyes. He began humming in a soothing tone and before I knew it, I fell asleep.