Kill him

"Edmund please!" Peter said as he blocked another harsh blow from his brother. "Don't listen to her."
Jadis just rolled her eyes. "How many times Peter?" She said. "He has no choice but to listen to me!"
Peter was starting to get out of breath, and so was Edmund, but they still continued.
Peter ducked as Edmund swung his sword at his head, only barely missing it. Standing again as quickly as he could Peter thrust his sword forward, attempting to disarm Edmund, but it didn't work.
Edmund swung at Peter's legs, getting Peter to jump high in the air to avoid the sword.
"Come on Edmund." Jadis smirked. "Disarm him."
Peter leant backwards slightly to avoid Edmund's sword, before blocking it with his own, breathing heavy. "Fight her Ed!" He tried again, but it seemed to be pointless.
"Edmund." Jadis said suddnely, a smirk appearing on her face. "Disarm him the same way I disarmed you before I stabbed you."
Peter swallowed hard, seeing the fear in Edmund's eyes as he remembered that moment.
Peter tried to block Edmund but it was too late, Edmund disarmed him, sending his sword flying out of his hand and landing way too far away for him to retrieve it quickly.
Edmund took a step forward, causing Peter to take a step back. He gasped as he tripped over a stone though, falling backwards and landing hard on the stone floor.
After he'd recovered he looked up at his brother. His breathing stopped when he saw that Edmund had his sword pointed directly at his chest, nothing but plain worry in his eyes.
"Well done Edmund." Jadis laughed.
Peter looked up at her, going to stand.
"Don't move Peter." Jadis warned, clicking her fingers so that Edmund took another step towards his brother, sword held out in front of him.
Peter stayed where he was, lying on the floor, propped up on his elbows as he moved his stare back to Edmund. "Ed." He said, his voice shaking. "Please."
Edmund did nothing, but he loosened his grip on his sword, if only slightly, causing Peter to frown a little. "Edmund." Peter tried again. "You know you don't want to do this." He said. "I don't want you to do this." His heart was pounding in his chest as he stared at his brother and the sword that was pointed directly at him.
"You will die Peter." Jadis said. "And then your sisters will follow, all of you killed by your brother." She smirked. "And then I'll be free to kill Edmund, on the stone table."
"Aslan won't let you do that." Peter said bravely.
Jadis glared at him. "I don't see him." She said. "He's not here. Do you see him?"
Peter swallowed hard, trying his best to ignore her. "He will come." He choked. "And he will save Edmund."
The witch laughed. "Maybe, but there's no one here to save you is there?" She said.
"I don't care." Peter forced out. "All I care about is that Edmund's safe."
"Well he won't be safe." Jadis spat. "You'll all be dead before the day is up, and then I'll be free to rule over Narnia once again."
Peter swallowed hard.
"Now Edmund." Jadis said, smirking as she looked at him. "Kill him."
Peter's breathing got considerably heavier and quicker as he looked to his brother. "Edmund please don't!" He almost begged.
But Edmund raised his sword, taking a deep breath.
Peter's eyes went wide before he squeezed them shut, waiting... and waiting.... and waiting... and...
His eyes popped open as he frowned.
Edmund still had his sword raised above his head, but he hadn't brought it down yet.
Jadis frowned. "I said, kill him!" She repeated.
Peter stared at his brother, or rather his eyes, and was shocked at what he saw.
Edmund's eyes were - well, he couldn't think of the right word... flickering? They kept going brown, before going back to white.
Peter's heart leapt as the expression on Edmund's face changed.
"Kill him!" Jadis roared.
Edmund's eyes all of a sudden went a piercing white as he tightened his grip on his sword.
"Edmund fight it!" Peter said quickly.
Edmund's eyes flickered to light brown again, his breathing quickening.
"Kill him!" Jadis said quickly, stepping forward.
Edmund's eyes went white again.
"Edmund you know you don't want to do this." Peter said thinking that two could play at this game. "Because you know why? You can't do this, can you?"
Edmund's face softened the tiniest bit as his eyes began to fade back to brown. "You can't." Peter whispered, hope in his eyes.
"No!" Jadis screamed. "Kill him, kill him now!"
"You can't." Peter kept repeating, over and over again. "You can't and you won't."
He stopped short though when Edmund let out a scream, dropping his sword as he fell to the floor, arms wrapping around his stomach.
Peter stayed where he was, unsure if Edmund was still being controlled. Jadis didn't move either, they both just watched him, eyes wide as they held their breaths.
Edmund gasped a few times before slowly looking up, and Peter nearly laughed for joy when he opened his eyes.
They were brown, dark brown.
"Peter." He choked, tears in his eyes.
"Ed." Peter whispered, quickly moving forward and pulling Edmund close.
"No!" Jadis screamed. "How?!"
Peter stared at the witch, holding his brother close as Edmund buried his face into his shoulder. "I'll tell you how Jadis!" He said loudly. "You asked him to do the one thing he would never, ever do."
Jadis just stared at him.
"But you don't know what love feels like, to love someone so much that you'd die for them." Peter said, squeezing his brother tightly. "Edmund would never kill me. You underestimated his strength Jadis, he fought against you, and he won."
Edmund wrapped his arms tightly around Peter's back.
"It's over Jadis." Peter said firmly. "You can't control him anymore."

•••••••••••••••
😄😄😢😢😢❤❤❤💕💕💕