Story Concept

I wanted to write about an era when technology was not so prevalent. Mobile phones were not there... telephone landlines were only limited to the rich and few. Girls and boys were limited by many societal norms and yet how interesting it must have been. An era of letters, serenades, unsaid words, no dating apps, limited world to the people we know personally and not on sns. It hit me several times to write some story based in a time when people like Premchand, Wordsworth, Rabindranath and Sharatchandra existed with their brand of fantasy and reality of daily life weaved in "Tana Bana"...

I really don't know how you all will feel about imagining PARICA in such an era... but I promised myself that every time I bring you a story it will be something unique or at least original... 

It's actually set in 1980s to 1990s...  major thing that inspired me to write a story like this was the impairment of ready communication. The long wait for a piece of paper which held stories, pain of wait, hope of meeting in future, mundane day to day small incidents, "Gaye ne aaj naya bachhra diya; khane mein aaj Hilsa machhli pakate huye tumhe bohot yaad kiya; Chhote bhai ke number Angrezi mein phir se bohot kam aaye; angan ka woh budha neem ka ped kal raat ke toofan mein tutke gir gaya" .... Just A Letter. And yet so many stories to share.

Since childhood I have been a sucker for letters and postcards... they feel exciting and yet they are long lasting and something which we can revisit from time to time. Just like Photo Albums from our childhood.

Ready to embark on this sepia coloured journey with me Fam? So here we start off...