"Aria, no--" John said in a whisper and Aria couldn't bare to look at them anymore. All she knew was that she had to vocalize it and get used to doing it, because tomorrow she'd have to say it repeated times. 

"They tried to rape me but never succeeded, I managed to get away before that happened," Aria took a breather but managed to get back on track before her mom cut in, "before you ask; we haven't been to the police yet." 

"We? Who the hell are we?" John asked in anger.

"Me and my friend Rebecca, who came to the house the day I arrived home from the party. She fell victim to those boys last year and I had no idea, so we decided to help each other seek justice." Aria explained.

She allowed some silence in the room for her parents to take it all in. Catherine's eyes were filled with tears and John was staring at his bacon, unable to speak. It was like she was no longer Aria Willows but a wounded bird that had just been found in pain, at least that's what her mother's eyes said.

"That's why you asked me those questions that day,b-because you were trying to--" 

"--gather evidence, yes. As far as me; I'm okay now. It took me a while to get back to my normal self but I feel okay." 

"You shouldn't have to be, Aria. Jesus, why didn't you tell me or your father about this before? We would've helped you, filed a police report with you and--" Catherine was cut off by John's embrace. 

Never before had Aria seen them hug like that but it warmed her heart. John was rarely there for them but right now she knew they were his biggest priority. She watched them wipe their tears and mumble supportive words to each other before giving Aria a look of pity - one she had counted on would come.

"I know it'll be difficult to process and take in but I need you to do your best because this isn't over yet. Tomorrow me and Rebecca, along with our other friend Jane, are going to the police station to file a report on those boys and I'm going to need your support. I have no idea what's going to happen after tomorrow regarding this, so I'm going to need you by my side." Aria said as composed as could be.

John left Catherine to hug his daughter and the nape of her neck felt damp when he did. Aria closed her eyes and savored the moment of her father acting as her protector, even if she hadn't needed it before. The uncertainty of what the police were to do after tomorrow scared her, but not with her father by her side.

"I'll be there in every way possible. I'll take some time off during the summer and we can focus on this case, I'll get your girls good lawyers and--" 

"--and I'll help out as well," Catherine said and grabbed John's hand to show support to them both, "I may get emotional and be extra protective over you but I'll be by your side through it all." 

This time it was Aria's turn to burst out in tears and to be held. Before her reveal she hadn't imagine they would actually hug like this. Catherine and John didn't let their dispute get between their family which is all Aria wanted to know, for them all to be okay. In this moment she had no doubts if she was going to be okay or not - she knew she would be. She thought of Rebecca and Jane and hoped they had support from someone too and if not she was certain there was enough support from the Willows family to go around.

---

That afternoon Catherine had asked Aria to come home instead of closing The Cafe and for that she was thankful. Instead of closing up she was nursing a hot chocolate in her mother's bed with Catherine braiding her hair over and over again. She had yet to settle on a hairstyle for tomorrow night's prom and needed to try out a few.