• goodbyes & new beginnings •

Start from the beginning

"I love you too, Rabi Noor-Khan!"

/////

She unwrapped her scarf and flopped on the bed, the heels still strapped on her feet. She was too exhausted to take them off. They all went out to celebrate. It was a happy day for all, but she still had the lining of sadness. That fear of letting them all go. She sighed and closed her eyes.

"Rabi!" He pulled hair tie from her hair then ran his hands through the long strands of her hair, massaging her skull. She cooed in relief. It felt good. "I've got a gift for you, babe."

"Can I see it tomorrow please?" Her voice was tired and cracked. He didn't say much then she felt his hands on her feet as he untied her heels, dropping them on the floor. He then slipped under the thin sheets, pulling her closer, she sighed in relief, holding on to him.

"I'm so proud of you." He kissed the top of her head and whispered it in her hair.

"Thank you!" She genuinely smiled even when her whole body was sore and tired.

"You have a fever, Rabi. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" His body became alert as he pressed his hand against her skin.

"Meh! I'm just taking everything too much to heart. It's all good. Don't worry. I'll be fine tomorrow." Her sleep was slurred with speech as he snuggled closer to her, still shaking with worry. She smiled and fell asleep.

Ever since then he was noticing it all. The fever was persistent. She wasn't eating right. She'd even stay sleeping for long or she was tired often. He became worried, but the Summer Research program he ran didn't give him time to take her to the doctor.

"You need to go today okay? Promise me!"

"Asfi, let me sleep, please." She turned away, hiding her head under the pillow.

"I'm not leaving until you give me your words or I'm dropping it all, then dragging you to the hospital if I have to or even better carry you on my shoulder."

"Fine! Go away now! let me sleep before I kiss you with that morning breath."

He snatched the pillow from her and before she could yell her infamous ASFIII! he kissed her and left her with a beautiful smile playing on her lips.

/////

"So what did the doctor say today? Are you okay?" He put his hand against her forehead. Her fever seemed to be gone. He sighed in relief, but she was sitting there smiling at him, goofily.

"Rabi?" He touched her neck with his hands. "Baby, are you okay?"

"Mhmm."

She got up and walked to the dressing table. Her bangles were splayed across the counter. How far had she come along with him? She picked them, remembering the first time she left them at his table. One day he'd come home with a framed glass box with the date engraved on it. Encased in it were the bangles she had left in his office. She had cried the whole day looking at it because she was so happy.

"Rabi?" He came behind her. Maybe Zach was right, his wife really was possed by jin because these mood swings were really becoming weird and weird. "Rabi... go sit down."

"Asfandyar Khan." She wounded her arms around his neck, clasping it behind his nape. "I'm so in love with you."

"I love you too, but you need to tell me what the doctor said."

"Shh!"

She brought her lips towards him and savored the taste of mint on his lips. Her hands traveled up his nape into his hair. Removing the hair tie and letting them fall over her hands. His hot breath mixing with hers. His breath, his taste, his scent... they were all intoxicating.

"Rabi," His lips moved against her.

"As much as I'm in love with your damn beautiful hair, you're going to have to cut them." Kissing the side of his neck, she whispered in his ear.

"What?" She pulled back and watched pure horror playing in his eyes. She threw her head back and laughed, Did he just fall in love with her all over again? "Why my hair?"

"Well, when the baby comes, Baby is going to pull on your hair and trust me that hurts." Her face had lightened up wih a huge smile as he stayed frozen for a second, trying to process her words.

"BABY!" He blinked. "Our Baby!"

"Of course not! A jin's baby!" Of course, his wife would throw in a comment like that!

"OUR BABY!" He locked his hands around her hips. Picking her up, he swung her around. He kept on repeating as he carried her around the house. Singing it all the way, she laughed again. Her laugh was so full of life and joy. He placed her on the kitchen counter as he stood in front of her, talking animatedly.

"OH MY GOD! SUBHANLLAH! OUR BABY! God, Rabi! I can never thank you ever for giving me this gift." He splayed his hand on her stomach. " Woman, you just made this world so much more beautiful for me. It was complete with you in my life, and now you just made it beyond better for me."

She put her forehead on his, just watching the happiness play in his eyes. She knew he'd be the happiest man on earth, but to this extent, she didn't know. It was as if the whole universe had just come rested in his palm.

"We are going to have a baby. A small, little, bean baby." He blinked in awe. "Woman, I love you so damn much."

"You completed my world Asfi," She whispered. "Thank you for loving me and for saving me to see how beautiful life is. I love you to Jupiter and Back."

"I love you till the end of this time and even beyond that"

////

My bubbas are having a baby!
It was such an on-the-whim writing
hope you guys like it

Much Love

Sara