#7 Newt Imagine

Heaven

[A/N: SPOILERS TDC! I changed the plot of the book to fit my story. If you find it confusing I'm so sorry, just message me:)]

The scent of coffee washes over me as soft, jazz music plays when I enter the small shop.

"Welcome to Heaven's Coffee," the shop worker chirps from behind the counter. "How may I help you this beautiful day?"

I laugh weakly at her positivity. "Just some hot chocolate," I reply, walking to the counter.

"No coffee for the miss?" The lady asks, scrunching her eyebrows, confused. "Aren't you the least bit tired from your journey here. I mean, it's quite a far place."

"Yeah, I'm exhausted but I just want something sweet," I say, lazily leaning on the counter.

The lady nods silently, preparing the hot beverage.

"What's a beautiful girl like you doing here?" A familiar voice asks.

I turn to see a brown eyed boy, his blonde hair falling on his smiling face.

He looks so familiar.

But I couldn't point out where I've seen him.

"I died," I deadpan, sighing. "It's obvious, isn't it?"

The boy frowns, not receiving the answer he wanted.

"Was it the Flare?" he asks softly in his British accent, looking down.

"No," I respond. "Did you...did you catch the Flare?"

The boy gulps before nodding. "Yeah."

"Did you pass the Gone?"

"Uh, no. I asked a friend to shoot me before I did," his gorgeous brown eyes looks up, meeting mine.

"Well, you're one lucky guy. The Gone looked shucking scary," I tell him, taking my hot chocolate from the lady.

"How much?" I ask.

"It's free, sweetheart. You're already in Heaven," she answers, smiling sadly.

"Oh yeah," I whisper to myself, remembering I'm no longer in the Maze, or the Scorch nor anywhere on Earth.

I mumble a quick 'thanks' before taking a seat near the shop window.

Laughter was the main sound I could hear as I watch people walk down the streets of white clouds, smiles plastered on their faces.

They all look so happy.

This is Heaven.

But for me, I don't feel like it is. It just doesn't feel...happy enough.

The sun shines brightly over us, the sky a light baby blue.

From my peripheral vision, I see a figure take a seat on the chair opposite of me.

I face forward, seeing the blonde boy from before.

"Name's Newt, Greenie," he says, extending his hand.

Newt..

I shake his hand slowly, a tingling sensation washing over me at his touch.

"[Y/N]," I tell him.

"[Y/N]," he repeats, smiling. "A beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

A sense of déjà vu suddenly hits me as flashbacks play quickly through my head.