#1 Newt Imagine

Shopping Trip

"[Y/N] how many clothes do you need?" Newt asks, dragging five or so bags behind you.

"Nearly done, Newtie. Just one more shop to go then we're finished," you reply walking into Forever 21.

Newt groans but follows you inside. You begin searching the racks and shelves as Newt waits for you awkwardly near the fitting rooms. While looking, you spot a few tops and a red sateen midi dress which you matched with some black stilettos.

"Newt, I'm going to try some clothes on," you say to Newt as you passed him, walking to the fitting rooms. He nods in response, his eyes glued on his phone.

You roll your eyes, entering the small booth. You try on the tops and continually exit the booth to ask Newt if it looked alright. He would always just glance up from his phone and nod.

As you were taking off the last top, getting ready to try on the dress, you hear Newt's phone ring. You suddenly stop what you're doing, press your ear against the door and listen.

'Some girlfriend I am', you say in your head.

"Hey Minho....yeah just shopping with [Y/N]......"

Realizing it was just Minho, you continue to fit on the dress but kept your ears open for what Newt was saying on the phone.

"Alby? What about Alby?.....A gathering? He wants to have a Glader Gathering?.......Oh a get-together"

You quit listening as you fixed the dress on you. Once you were settled, you look in the mirror, to find yourself looking into someone else.

Your eyes widen at your reflection, shocked to see you actually looking good in something. Newt would always disagree saying that you looked beautiful in everything, especially his clothes.

The dress hugs your curves, ending mid thigh. Its ruby red colour matching your skin perfectly and making your eyes stand out. There were no accessories on it, just your style; plain and simple. You smile as you walk out of the change room. You find Newt standing outside, his back to you, still talking on the phone.

"Newt, how about this," you ask. When Newt doesn't respond, you ask a little louder. "Newt? How does this look?"

Newt turns around to nod but he ends up doing a double take. His jaw drops and his eyes widen as he took in your appearance. You bite back a smile.

"Minho, I'm going to have to call you back," he says in his cute accent as he ends the call, never taking his eyes off you.

Newt walks towards you and grabbing your hand, spins you around. "You look beautiful as always [Y/N]"

He spins you again and pulls you to his chest. He wraps his arms around your waist.

"I really like this dress," he whispers, his hot breath tickling your ear as his hand slides lower down your body. You lightly smack his hand with a giggle preventing him from going any further.

He soon let's go of you and hands you his credit card which you gladly accept.

"I'll wait for you outside," he states as he collects your bags and walks to the exit of the store.

You quickly change out of the dress and pay for it. You walk out of the store to meet with a smiling Newt.

"That's the last shop right?" Newt asks, a big smile on his face.

"Yep, unless you want to keep shopping," You reply, handing him the Forever 21 shopping bag.

His eyes widen as he shakes his head. "No, erm, it's okay. I think we're bloody done for the day."

He runs a hand through his already disheveled hair, still shaking his head. I laugh at his reaction. Newt's just too cute. You blush at the thought.

It's been six months since you started dating Newt but he still has that affect on you.

As you walk through the mall, Newt finally has the right mind to grab a trolley for all of your shopping bags.

Newt begins to push the trolley, your arm hooked with his.

"So, what were you talking to Minho about?" I ask, looking at him.

His brown eyes met mine before looking back in front of him. "Alby wants to call a Glader get-together."

Your eyes lighten up at the idea. You haven't caught up with any of the gladers since when you escaped the maze and you were beginning to miss them. Even Gally. The only gladers you kept in touch with were Minho, Thomas and Teresa.

"That sound like fun! When is it?"

"Minho said Alby's still deciding the date but he says it's going to be happening this month. We just have to wait for the confirmed date," he responds with a smile.

"I can't wait! We haven't seen them for ages," you say, a grin of your own forming on your face. "Is Frypan going to do the catering?"

"I bloody hope so. I can't wait for his bacon to be in my mouth again." You laugh at his response, agreeing with him. No other food can compare with Frypan's bacon. Not even Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Frappe.

You and Newt continue to walk towards the exit until Newt abruptly stops the trolley, his eyes glued to a certain shop.

"Please," he begs, using puppy-dog eyes.

"No," you say blankly.

"Please [Y/N]. Are you sure you don't need to shop here? It looks pretty important to me."

"I thought you didn't want to go shopping anymore."

"Well, we don't have to go but I'm just asking. Are you sure?" Newt asks again, dragging our the word 'sure'. His puppy-dog eyes still on the job.

Those puppy-dog eyes. Those cute, brown eyes. You sigh as you give in.

"Ugh, fine. I'm only doing this because you suffered shopping with me for who knows how long. But after this we're going to Starbucks"

"Yes!" Newt says happily, nodding his head as we walked into Victoria Secret.

A/N
First Imagine guys! Hope you liked it. Sorry Newt doesn't say 'bloody' a lot but yeah, I'll improve.

// July 2021
hello guys! for those who got the notification / new to reading, i'm back!...but just to edit the chapters:') i've been rereading this and decided it was finally time to do some editing (lol). in haven't touched this chapter since 2014 and the book has been 'completed' since 2015 so editing is long overdue :'D

thanks for giving my work your love and support! i only realised how this book grew ... all the votes, comments and views from when i left it ... thank you (*≧∀≦*)

cotes are always very much appreciated ♥︎♥︎ enjoy reading!