「Chapter Eight」

Start from the beginning

A team carried Y/n out of the arena on a bed and put her into an ambulance to the school hospital.

"My right... Deku predicted it... On top of that... he found a way to win the exercise. And all because Y/n saved him from my Explosion..." As he continued rambling, trembling, and breathing heavily, All Might broke Katsuki out of his thoughts.

"Come back, Young Bakugo. It's time to review the results. Whether you win or lose, looking back and learning from your experiences is a part of life."

Person-to-Person Combat Training- Battle 1 Review

"For this match, there is no MVP." All Might announced, "Young Bakugo, L/n, and Midoriya used this training with too much emotional problems, and Uraraka couldn't fit into the part. Otherwise, Young Uraraka and Midoriya, you both pass! Young Bakugo, you failed, as well as Young L/n."

Katsuki hung his head low, his hair casting a shadow over his eyes. He was completely distraught.

. . .

Since Recovery Girl can only speed up the healing process only a small bit without killing herself, Y/n still lay unconscious in the nurse's office, with the curtains around her closed. Y/n lay with bandages on her burns, a healing cream spread onto the bandage.

"The school year has just begun, and he's been in here three times! And that Y/n, how could you allow a student to get that injured? Why didn't you stop them, All Might?"

"I apologize, Recovery Girl." He spoke while in his true form that only few knew about.

"What are you apologizing to me for? If you had broken up the fight, this poor girl wouldn't be in this condition, All Might. And maybe you should've instructed your pupil to use his new Quirk... Y/n's injuries may scar, so I recommend she ice it every once in a while so the scarring won't be as visible. I can't treat one person all at once. I did first-aid treatment already, so after the IV is finished for her, Y/n may take several weeks, if lucky, days for her to heal completely."

"There is nothing I can say to that. Because I wanted to consider their feelings, I hesitated to stop the match. Even so... Will you please not talk about One for All so loudly?"

"Yes, yes, Mr. Natural-Born Hero. Mr. Symbol of Peace."

"My injury and this form of mine are common knowledge among the U.A. members, and a certain group of Pros, but the secret of my Quirk, One for All, is known only to you, the principal, a close friend, and Young Midoriya."

"I know it's not like you want to rest on your laurels at the top, but is being a "natural-born hero" or the "Symbol of Peace" really that important?"

"If I no longer am, then the superhuman society will be seized by evil. This is the responsibility of those of us with this power."

Recovery Girl smiled, but it soon faded, "If that's the case, then it's even more important for you to learn what it means to guide someone."

"Yes, ma'am."

. . .

Y/n's eyes started to slowly flutter open, and she looked to her side to see an IV in her arm. Once her senses kicked in, she winced from the pain she was in. Y/n could see a clock in front of her, reading the time of 4:10 p.m., she muttered to herself, "Late afternoon.."

"Are you awake?" An old woman put her entire face directly in front of Y/n's, scaring her.

. . .

"That's all for today's treatment. Come back tomorrow okay?"

"Yeah, thank you. Do you know if.. Katsuki has left yet?"

"I'm not sure." Recovery Girl spun around in her chair to face her desk, "Your back is the most burnt part, are you able to walk?"

Y/n slowly got up off the bed, wincing as she tried to stand up straight, "I-I can manage.."

Slowly making her way down the hall to Class 1-A to get any assignments she missed, Y/n would sometimes have to stop and recover her energy. The burns were bad, really bad.

"Hey, Y/n!"

Y/n turned around to see a familiar face, a boy from her class.

"I saw what you did earlier, when you saved Midoriya. It was awesome! You handling it okay?"

"More or less."

"Oh, I'm Denki Kaminari by the way." He put his hands behind his head in a relaxing, yet flirtatious manner.

The two continued to talk until they reached Class 1-A.

"So, Y/n, wanna grab a bite to eat sometime? What do you like?"

"I don't know--"

"Man, did you see how Bakugo looked when he hurt Y/n, he was pissed-- Oh, Y/n's here!!!" A boy with spiky red hair smiled widely towards Y/n. He pushed Kaminari away, "Good work!" Other students started surrounding her, "Man, I don't know why you saved Midoriya during the match, but you were amazing!"

"I can't believe you risked your life to save him!" A boy with black hair and odd smile said.

"You were so brave to do that!" A girl with pink skin and pink hair smiled.

"You guys did that in your first match, so the rest of us had to give it our all too." A tall boy with a big mouth said.

"You were far from elegant, but--"

"You did such a heroic act saving Midori!!" The pink haired girl spoke again, interrupting a blonde boy with violet eyes.

"H-Huh..?" Y/n, overwhelmed by the compliments, blushed.

"I'm Eijiro Kirishima. We're all going over the training together right now."

"I'm Hanta Sero."

"I'm Yuga Aoya--" The blonde boy was interrupted again by the pink haired girl, "I'm Mina Ashido! You were so brave to save Midori!"

"I'm Tsuyu Asui. Call me Tsu."

"I'm Sato!"

"Um... Uh..."

A small boy suddenly jumped up, "I'm Mineta!"

The group huddled around Y/n then started talking about training, who did bad and who did good. Y/n looked over to see Uraraka running towards her, "Hey! I'm Ochaco Uraraka. Oh my, she didn't heal all your wounds?"

"Well, they're pretty bad.. But I've built up stamina. So I told her I'd be fine." Y/n smiled.

"Wow... You're so strong!"

"Thank you.. But I think I should get going. I was hoping I'd run into Katsuki.."

"Oh, uh, I don't know.. I think he just left.

With her injuries, Y/n questioned if she could run to the entrance quickly, "Then I guess I'll be off. See you all tomorrow." She smiled and ran out of the class, ignoring the pain.

. . .

Deku looked towards Katsuki, "I saw your face when you realized Y/n was hurt, not me."

"That doesn't mean I like her." Katsuki glared.

Deku didn't say anything, and Katsuki put his hand in his hair, covering his face.

"I don't know why! I like her, but.. We're just friends! Damn it! Damn it, damn it!!" He waited a while before saying something, and ended up walking away, "I won't let you beat me again, bastard. And Y/n can no longer be your

The three girls, Uraraka, Ashido, and Asui all stared through the window.

"What was that?" Uraraka asked.

"A fight, I believe. Between the battle?" Ashido responded.

"It looked like Midoriya was the one who really set him off, but I think it was about Y/n."