Bella must have said something about it when I was anywhere but here, but I hide the shock with a warm smile, nodding at them.

I send them a kiss when my best friends go the opposite way I need to head for AP Calculus and they wave back before taking their attention to each other, their physical education teacher probably angry at their slow pace.

Typical.

Neither of them remembers what happened exactly this day two years ago, when I had to leave school in a rush, my aunt picking me and Sammy up, to head straight to the hospital. How broken I became ever since then.

My facade is too real and even I sometimes forget my actual life, the pain, and the amount of crying.

Tears threaten to mark my cheeks red but I gather every strength I have not to let them fall, that being the last thing I need in front of other people.

The hallway I take is filled with my classmates, all of them losing no time in heading to their classes, me doing the same. I expected to glimpse Damien before I went home, but I haven't seen him, Chad, or Kayla the entire morning and I know something's up with the gang.

It's the only probable reason.

I mentally note to myself to text him when leaving school to the cemetery before I enter the classroom where the teacher is already waiting to start the class.

Another fucking day.

"He's so tall!" Miss Daisy exclaims when Sammy and I walk inside her flower shop, a smile written all over her lips and the wrinkles on the sides of her chestnut eyes framing them

I can't help but look tenderly at her, the smell of many flowers filling my nose instantly. My brother holds my hand tighter, his fear of strange people manifesting, but I get on his level and brush away the Chestnut wavy curls from his eyes.

"She's a friend, Sammy," I whisper in his ear, a giggle escaping from my lips, and the minute I assure him he opens the biggest smile possible in her direction.

"Do you need a bouquet, sweetie?" She asks me calmly and slowly from behind the counter, her green apron stained with dirt, and all I do is nod, the weighting of this day making my heart tight.

She enters a dark wooded door next to her and leaves only Sammy and me in the greenhouse, the warmness of it greeting us to go inside.

My brother looks up to me, a grin on his face, and I let go of his tiny warm hand, getting the message he wants to explore the place.

"Break nothing!" I yell at him as he sprints down the aisles of flowers, grass, and pots. All I receive is a high pitched "ok" before I lose sight of him.

I walk to the counter, waiting for Miss Daisy to come back and lean on it, my breath becoming more and more frantic with every minute that passes by that takes me closer to my mom somehow.