Maria looked pissed when he slept without hearing her.  Glaring at his sleeping form she got up from the bed, wrapped a shawl around herself and went downstairs to the kitchen.

As she was craving for something spicy she started preparing pasta for herself.
Few minutes later someone came and hugged her from back and the scent that person carried could be easily recognized by her.

"Maine aapse kitni baar kaha hai ke raat ko akele kitchen mein mat aaya karein."

(How many times I have told you not to come to kitchen alone at night.)

Mustafa whispered softly inside her ear, still holding her from back.

"Main akeli kaha hu, mere bache hai mere saath."

(I am not alone, I have my kids with me.)

She replied him turning her face sideways to look at him who's eyes were close and his nose was busy inhaling her scent.

"Very funny, Maria. By the way they are 'our' kids not your's alone."

He replied her back stressing upon the word 'our'.

"Aapka shukriya ke aapne mujhe is sach se rubaru karawa diya ke ye humare bache hai, warna to mujhe lagta tha ke ye sirf mere bache hai."

(Thankyou for letting me know the truth that they are 'our' kids otherwise I always thought they are mine alone.)

She sarcastically replied him, making him frown on her behavior.

Ya Allah mujhe meri biwi ke gusse se bacha le.  He prayed seeing her expressions. It was easy for him to trace anger on her face.

(My Lord please save me from the wrath of my wife.)

"Maine ab aisa Kya kar Diya ke aap mujhse naraaz ho gayi ?"

(What did I do now that you are so angry with me ?)

He helplessly asked her turning her towards him, holding her chin.

"Aapne thodi kuch kiya hai sab maine hi to kiya hai. Aap to begunaah hai."

(You didn't do anything, it was me who is responsible for everything. You are innocent.)

She didn't like the way he was putting everything on her, sounding helpless and all innocent.

"Will you please tell me my mistake instead of being sarcastic ? I am requesting you love. Please."

He again requested her pleading her with his eyes. She sighed looking at him with narrowed eyes and replied

"I tried waking you up cause I was craving something spicy and as per you orders I shouldn't come here alone at night but you didn't wake up rather you looked at me and slept, so I was pissed off."

"I am so sorry love. I was tired and sleepy, leave that and forgive me and let me make something for you."

"No it's okay. I am almost done."

She said, again turning towards the stove but he held her hand and took her towards the dinning room, making her sit at sofa.

"Sit here quietly and let me do the work, your highness."

She shrugged letting him do the work.
Few minutes later he came back with a plate of pasta with two forks in it.

"Why there are two forks in it ?"

"One for you and another one for me."

He simply answered her.

"When did I said that I would share my food with you ?"