TWENTY THREE

MARIA MUSTAFA AHWAAN'S POV

Three weeks passed by without any suspicious call. I am relieved that mysterious caller never contacted me again and now I am fully convinced that someone was messing with me and it was just a prank call.

Everything was going smoothly. I am happy with my life. I am slowly becoming the person I should have been a long time ago. The carefree and bubbly side of mine which was lost after Mustafa went away was coming back.

Mustafa, is just an another person in this world but if you ask me then I would say he is the centre of my world. The world which my rab created for me. He is the man who stood for me when I was abandoned by my father. He is the man who stood up like a wall, protecting me from this evil world when I was a kid. He is the man who married a girl much younger to him to fulfill his dying grandfather's last wish. He had the option to divorce me right after dada abba passed away and marry a women of his choice but he chose to honor dada jaani's last wish. He is the man who for eleven years lived a bachelor life, waiting for me. He is the man who chose to give me space to settle down after we got married, never asking for his husband rights from me.

Yes, he hurt me with his words but his love mended me again. If he is my pain then he is the medicine to all my miseries too.

Life has taught me many things. It is beautiful, if you count the things Allah has blessed you with, you will cry oceans seeing his love towards you, but for that you have to look around yourself.

World is full of chaos. People are being killed mercilessly and deprived of their basic rights. We all are ungrateful towards our Lord. We cry for things we don't have but we never thank him for things we are bestowed with.

That's how humans are designed. Greedy. But you know what the thing which separate us humans from other living beings is love. Love is what makes us human. Love is what makes us whole.
The more you spread love, the more content you'll feel inside you heart.
Love is unconditional. Love doesn't demand being loved back. Love is selfless. Love is when a person hurts you and you forgive them without demanding an apology from their side. Love is when you seal your lips when a beloved one hurts you. Love is when you silently pray for the person who hurt you and ask your Lord to guide them towards the right path.

Always remember every person you love will hurt you at some point of your life but your Lord is the only one which will stand by you at every hardship. He is the one to pick you up when you fall. He is the one who will mend you as if you were never broken. Pleasing a human being is very difficult, pleasing Allah is the easiest. He knows what is there in your heart, he is the listener of our silent whispers, he knows when you are one second away from breaking apart but you hide your miseries with your smile. He knows every broken smile, every broken heart and you know what the best part is. He loves the one who is broken. He values your tears. He values you. Sometimes you are punished for the mistakes you never did but Allah ignores the ones you did and hide them for you, out of his Mercy and love towards you.

True love is what Allah does with us humans. So turn to him. Have strong faith on him. If life is going through difficult phase hold on to the rope of your faith and trust me you find your way out.
I still remember what dado told me when I was a kid

Flashback....

"Mera bacha, why are you crying ?"

Dado asked me wiping my tears away, placing my head on her lap.

"Dado I miss hero.. you told me to pray to Allah to send him back but Allah is not answering my prayers, maybe he dislikes me just like baba.."

I cried more thinking Allah dislikes me too but dado smiled at me and said

"My sweet child, Allah loves everyone of us. He is the most merciful and the most loving. He can never dislike you. He loves you seventy times more than your own mother."